X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your prayers.
    They seem to be starting to work.
    Things were just slightly more optimistic today.

They brought him out of his coma, and he knew his family, but he wasn't able to speak, and he got very frustrated and upset. He tried to write a message and he wasn't able to do that either, and he got so worked up that his heart rate started to rise.

The nurse asked him to squeeze her hand if he was in pain, and he did.

They had to put him back under for his own sake to calm him and let his body heal.
    They are doing a CT scan on his brain, and they have put out a request to all hospitals to see if anyone has heard of any other cases with his symptoms.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Wow. Just...
      This is scary, on more than one level. It sounds like a stroke, but I'm so far from being a medical professional it's not even funny. I'm older than he is, but only by a few years. I seem to recall it's a good thing that he's awake and knows stuff-- not so good that he can't talk.
      I hope he does better soon. He has my well-wishes and prayers, as does his family.
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I was away all weekend, but naturally, my friend was in the back of my mind the whole time.

I got back to some more positive news.

He is still very seriously ill, and not "out of the woods" as his mother put it, but he is off the ventilator.

They feel it's some type of viral thing, but they still have no idea what it could be.

Comment

Prayers for him and for his family and friends.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Done, and will continue to be done. Please keep us posted.

Comment

It's so sad when things like this happen to good, young people.

I hope they can find out what's making him so ill.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your prayers.
                They have been answered.
                While they still don't know what caused it, he is out of the ICU and has had his breathing tube, catheter, and PICC lines removed, and is in a regular room.
                He is stable and doing good so far.
                They were going to do a liver and bone marrow biopsy today.

He has no memory of the past couple of weeks, but that was expected.

All they can say is that it was some type of virus that attacked his liver, heart, and lungs.
                He has some residual damage, but they are hoping some of it will reverse.

Again, thank you all.

Comment

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy to hear this Ree - and I hope he continues to improve.

Sending more healing thoughts and good wishes his way!
                  "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Wow! Great news so far, I hope everything continues to improve for him.
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

*happy dances like there's no tomorrow* Awesome!
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I am glad to hear he is doing better. I have been watching this thread and thinking of him, even though I didn't reply sooner. Please continue to keep us posted, Ree.

Comment

came in late here, but I'm so glad that there have been major improvements! YAY! I hope things keep improving in leaps and bounds! I also hope they find out what it was, just so they know how to prevent it in the future
                          I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. I hope it doesn't come back to haunt him later!
                            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I came in on this late, but im glad hes better.

Ill continue my prayers for a full recovery.

Comment

So will I.

So glad to know he's on the mend, Ree.
                                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X