This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Now that is service! 3-fer

1) I took a tumble last Friday night outside our local mall and had a pretty significantly sprained ankle. It was bad enough that it warranted an ER visit right away since all of the urgent care clinics were already closed. Went to the closest ER which was less than 2 miles from the incident and was in a bay in less than 6 minutes from being wheeled into the lobby. The staff was great, accommodated all 3 of us (me, hubby, and youngest son) in the tiny bay, and got me all fixed up and on my way all in under 2 hours. Had I went to the ER in my home town, I would probably have still been sitting in the lobby the next morning.

2)Went to the local college football game. We only get to go to about 1 game a year right now due to the kid's extra curricular activities. Even with my injury from the night before, I was not about to miss the game and watch my favorite college play football. Hubby got permission to drive into a permit only area so he could drop me off at the gate since I was on crutches. Guys that waved him through never batted an eye.

3)After the game, we discovered that there were college buses that could take us to our parking lot. We inquired with the driver about his bus but he was going to a different area but told us which bus to get on. In our haste, we still managed to get on the wrong bus. It took us right past our parking lot and around to the other side of campus. Great, just freaking great! Nope, Mr Bus Driver would have none of it. He u-turned where he could, drove down/past our lot and made another turn around and pulled into our lot, around several cars and pulled right up beside our car! He wasn't just driving that night, he was serving. I just wanted to get close to the lot and he made sure we made it to our car safely.

I have a friend that actually works for this same college so I've considered asking him to find out the driver's name so that we can commend him to his supervisor for going out of his way to help us.
Working...
X