X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the deal with condoms.....

like any Friday or Saturday night at your local 3-letter pharmacy

so this is about Saturday night. the night before valentines day. so yea it was crazy. long lines, store is a complete mess (but that's becuase no one knows how to face) and the hallmark aisle? well let me show you

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10569598@N08/4355538876/

that was when we closed, i had cleaned up stuff off the floor earlier, but damnit it must be real hard to put anything back. i dont care if they put it in the wrong spot, keep it off he floor

anyways...

Fridays and Saturdays sucks because of the kids. well they come in every night and drive us nuts, but they really do it these two nights. they are all LOUD, obnoxious, they run up and down the aisles, play with any toys we may have, spray anything that smells, knock stuff over, steal, and spend 99 cents on an arizona or bag of candy.

EVERY TIME

so Saturday night, im scanning in the coca cola guy (kinda late 5:30 at nite) and my 2 coworkers tell me to watch this kid (i cant, im scanning in a vendor) then one of them starts running. she chased the kid and brought him back up front while his buddy got away. she tells me she saw him take a pack of condoms and put it under his jacket. he says he realized he didn't have enough money and put it back. and tells her which one it was. she tells him not to play stupid with her, becuase she knows what she saw (shes pretty good) the kid was being total dick too. and we let him go. since i figure screw it i gotta go close pharmacy and it was only like less than 10 bucks. i go watch the video later and wouldn't you know he didnt take the box. just what was inside of it little jackass lied to our FACES.

later on...

i face and straighten the condom section so i know what we have and that its perfectly positioned. after that my CW calls me over. at the end of that aisle is a basket with 6 boxes of condoms in it. 2 large boxes, 4 medium size boxes (counts people lol) she says theres a guy a few aisles over who typically steals them. so i grab the basket and run into the backroom and hide it. (no alarms went off. way to go manager. we need to start tagging them) guy leaves...then comes back. now im up in the office basically right above him. i see him take something off the shelf and do something with his sweatshirt. he leaves the aisle and i call CW on her cell phone (she has an earpiece, looks like earphones) and tell her to look and see if he left it on the shelf...nope. hes up front paying for an arizona... ...and i call the cops, and tell them what he looks like and hes exiting the store ...5 min later they got someone next door. i go over to ID him, yup. its him

turns out he took 2 of the item, which comes to 120 bucks (good amount for my store) and if you count the condoms that werent stolen, another 120) turns out the guy has a history and is a heroin addict. fan-tas-tic.

i need to talk to my manager. i am SICK of people esp. the kids stealing the condoms EVERY NITE. and every single person who steals, gets out that back door. i think we should lock the back door after Rx closes, and lock up the condoms. its getting ridiculous. and most nights, its only 2 people from 7-9. rx is there 'til 8 but they "are too busy" or "cant be bothered"...riiight

One of the pharmacys around here has them behind the cashier.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      One of the pharmacys around here has them behind the cashier.
      i was thinking about that. either that or just lock them up.

Comment

I'd be tempted to let them steal condoms - then they wouldn't breed SC kids.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I'm sorry to say I know someone who got a felony robbery conviction for stealing condoms from a grocery store.
          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Wonder if they'd try paying for it with a rubber check.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

apparently our DM doesnt believe we have a theft problem (uh yea...we do) and until we get everything else 100% for him, until then, he wont hear any of it.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Wonder if they'd try paying for it with a rubber check.

Damn you!
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X