Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2010 Christmas Card Exchange-Tally up!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on the few missing ones we have out there?

Comment

• Pederson's card arrived today... its taken over a month to get to me according to the postmark!
      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• I have not received cards from klhanson, Munkie, Reyneth and Shroo.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• I just went back and doublechecked my tallies against my posts - I had forgotten to check about five or so (mea culpa) -- But still, I am missing several. Methinks it's more the local PO and/or the storms that are at issue, depending upon when they were sent, however.

Unless they got lost in the shuffle, I've yet to get:

bandit
          elspeth
          ironclad alibi
          munkie
          ree
          sarlon
          shroo
          taboo
          treasure
          idrinkarum
          klhanson
          taxguykarl

There are a couple on that list where I swear I got them (like taxguykarl's), but I have yet to find them in the morasse of my desk. Will re-check before the deadline.

The neighbor swears that she did not get any addressed to her -- the carriers on my route usually give me some of her mail at least once every other week, so it's reasonable to assume that someone else got some of mine. They're bad with packages as well (a *game system* I bought online a few years back wound up on the other side of the street, several houses down (e.g., let's say I live at 834 Generic Dr, it would up at 843 Generic Dr -- and yes, the address label was correct). I never would have known about it if the little old lady who lives there hadn't recognized my name and called me.)
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post

ironclad alibi
            I sent your card when I sent all the others. It is a red and whitish card with a picture of a little boy looking up the fireplace.
            In protege's picture below, it is the second one to the left from the light switch.

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post

elspeth
              Very strange. I remember doing yours and in the picture above it is the about the middle of the door, with the picture of Mt Rainier.

I haven't gotten any back.
              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• I'll keep checking. I don't recall seeing the mountain one, but I vaguely recall the fireplace one. Very odd >_<

And, as I said, the PO here has issues.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

• Alrighty so I know that Monday was the last day to post tallies. Now I KNOW I received cards in the past month. However, my parents either didn't forward them, or they just haven't gotten from home to here. I'm hoping it's the former.

Still, I know I've gotten cards since the last time I tallied, I just have no clue who they are from. I think if i participate next year, if i'm allow, I will tell everyone that I NEED to get my cards before January.
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                    I think if i participate next year, if i'm allow, I will tell everyone that I NEED to get my cards before January.
                    In all fairness, that's a pretty reasonable request.
                    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• Oooooops.......

I was searching (unsuccessfully until the alarm setting went off this morning) late last night for my cell phone and found 8 addressed, sealed, and stamped cards that fell down the cushions of my couch!

So some of you will get your Holiday cards in March. (No, I'm not changing them to St Paddy's day ones!)

That was a shock, I tell you. (Ironclad, I think I saw your name in that stack)

Comment

• Quoth Reyneth View Post
                        (Ironclad, I think I saw your name in that stack)
                        That is good news. I don't think I ever got a card in March before, not even for St. Pat's Day.
                        Last edited by Ironclad Alibi; 03-02-2011, 06:40 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.

Comment

• I was cleaning out some stuff from in and around (and under, and near, and between desk and couch...) my desk and found the cards that got here but were never tallied because I didn't know where they were x.x

Better late credit than none, .... right?

A very humble, very belated THANK YOU!!! to...

SteverinoNY
                          Treasure
                          Ironclad Alibi
                          Taxguykarl
                          Sarlon
                          Ree
                          idrinkarum
                          Elspeth
                          Taboo

If I still have some "not on list" beyond this, it means that I really didn't get it...you can thank my local PO for that... >_< I think that's just about everyone, tho
                          Last edited by EricKei; 03-02-2011, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Quoth Reyneth View Post
                            Oooooops.......

I was searching (unsuccessfully until the alarm setting went off this morning) late last night for my cell phone and found 8 addressed, sealed, and stamped cards that fell down the cushions of my couch!

So some of you will get your Holiday cards in March. (No, I'm not changing them to St Paddy's day ones!)

That was a shock, I tell you. (Ironclad, I think I saw your name in that stack)
                            Guess what I got in the mail today? Reyneth's Christmas card! Yea. What a lovely little kitty.

Now if the Christmas Card List moderator would be so kind as to update my Christmas Card tally since I can't access it, I would be most appreciative.

Only three remaining, but I don't expect to see them.

Comment

• Sorry, but tallies are over for 2010... I'm too busy unpacking my summer clothes!
                              "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

• I figured as much, but it never hurts to ask.

Unpacking summer clothes? I'm still waiting for Spring to get here. It's running late this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X