Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still haven't played God of War. I want to, but we have too many games on the go at the moment, including all three Prince of Persia games. We're halfway through all three of them, so when we fire one up we can't remember what we're supposed to be doing, get annoyed and play Guitar Hero instead.

Dragonlover
    You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

PC: World of Warcraft (troll/orc/draenei/human - all classes 60's-70), Tales of Pirates, Diablo

PS: Valkyrie Profile, Monster Hunter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Tony Hawk's skateboard whatnot

PSP: Monster Hunter Freedom

XBOX: (soon to be) Two Worlds, Elder Scrolls: Morrowind/Oblivion, Fable, Random racing games, KOF... or was that one on PS?

Table: DnD (character/map maker), Magic: the Gathering, WoW, Star Trek (homemade)

Comment

Okay...here we go...

Favorites of the Moment

PS2 - God of War 2, Okami

PS1 - Xenogears, Final Fantasy 7

GC - Paper Mario 2

X Box - Scarface, The Godfather

PC - Psychonauts, Return to Zork

DS - Elite Beat Agents

PSP - Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, Metal Gear Acid 2

Virtual Boy - Teleroboxer

SNES - Chrono Trigger

GBA - Metroid Fusion, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

Currently Playing

PS2 - Persona 3, Dark Cloud

PC - Fallout

DS - Brain Age

PSP - Monster Hunter Freedom

That about wraps it up.
        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I don't have near as much gaming time as I'd like to (). Damn you, education!

Right now, I'm only really playing 2 games:
          World of Warcraft (16 Blood Elf Warlock/Boulderfist, 30 Dranei Priest/Daggerspine, 41 Dranei Paladin and 46 Dwarf Hunter/Eldre'thalis)

Team Fortress 2 (Usually either Demoman, Engineer or Spy. Although I've been playing the Heavy a bit as well-nothing's more satisfying then that minigun.)

I also play Warhammer Fantasy (Brettonians) and Warhammer 40K (Tau) when I can, and I have a Classic Battletech company if I ever find a local group. Also, any tabletop RPG I can get my hands on (And I'm currently running Serenity RPG and d20 Modern games on the Sluggy Freelance forums).
          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

The last multiplayer deathmatch game I played (and was ROCKING on until I got tired of the hackers and the fact that our company started blocking the servers) was Stick Arena. That's some fun stuff. Never really got into Halo...don't have any of the new systems, so no Gears of War, etc. But Stick Arena? Quick, fun, free!

Comment

My nomination for most underrated game goes to Conker's Bad Fur Day. If any of you have played it for the 64, you know what I'm talking about.

Comment

"Underrated?" This one received critical acclaim, actually. Much like virtually all other Rare titles for the N64, this one also received a Player's Choice tag. I bought it brand new when it first came out and recently sold it on Amazon for a preeeeeeeetty penny. You want to talk underrated? Check out the Shadow Hearts series.

Comment

The GTA series (especially San Andreas) is great for letting off steam. If I'm having a sucky day, I can't wait to get home, and go "blow some shit up." Even better, is to use the wanted-level cheat codes, and go on "unrestricted warfare" Also fun, is to turn on God mode in Doom (or Doom II), and use the rocket launcher to take out demons at point-blank range

I still haven't beaten KOTOR I. I keep getting pwned towards the end.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth DarthRetard View Post
                    My nomination for most underrated game goes to Conker's Bad Fur Day. If any of you have played it for the 64, you know what I'm talking about.
                    I luves mah Conkers. I heard a rumour that a Conkers game was coming out for the Wii...
                    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Let's see, favorite games....

NES: Dragon Warrior (Or Dragon Quest, if you prefer) 4, as well as the first 3, Final Fantasy, Mega Man (the whole series, but 2 was the best), both Zeldas (say what you will about it, but II is still one of my all-time faves), River City Ransom (BARF!), Kirby's Adventure, Super Mario Bros (most of all, Mario 3), the Ninja Gaiden series (for the record, Ninja Gaiden III doesn't count because it sucked), and Bubble Bobble.

SNES: Crono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy IV-VI, SoulBlazer, Illusion of Gaia, Castlevania IV, Super Metroid (the most perfect platformer ever), Mega Man X (1-3), Mario Kart (I'm a Mario Kart goddess, btw), Sailor Moon Super S Fuwa Fuwa Panic and Sailor Moon Stars Fuwa Fuwa Panic 2 (super cute puzzle games I had acess to thanks to the wonderful world of emulation), Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.

Playstation: Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar: Eternal Blue, Final Fantasy VII-IX, Parasite Eve (the second one was kind of "blah"), Legend of Legaia (a great concept that should have gone very far, but I heard the sequel for PS2 was complete ass), Mega Man X IV-VI (though admittedly, this is mainly due to franchise loyalty, the PS games jumped the shark), Metal Gear Solid, Front Mission 3, Final Fantasy Tactics, Um Jammer Lammy, Dance Dance Revolution Konamix, and Street Fighter Alpha II.

Gameboy Advance: The Entire Mega Man Zero series, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission, Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Castlevania: Circle of the Moon, Mario vs Donkey Kong, Wario Ware, Yu-Gi-Oh! Ultimate Masters - World Championship Edition 2006 (shut up), and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (not so much for the weak story, but for the unspoken fact that you are essentially the villain since you are fighting to undo the world of Ivalice).

Gamecube: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I never had an N64, but I got the GC edition that came with my preorder of Wind Waker), Mario Kart: Double Dash (best Mario Kart to date, I'm eager to see if the Wii MK will be able to surpass it), Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Mario Party 4-7, Luigi's Mansion, Dead to Rights, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, and Donkey Konga 1 and 2.

Nintendo DS: The Phoenix Wright games, Mario Kart DS, Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, Cooking Mama, Kirby: Canvas Curse, Mario 64 DS, and Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I just got my DS a couple months ago, so I don't have a lot of games right now. Also, I'm going to hereby declare the following upcoming games as already awesome: Final Fantasy IV (Remake for DS, looks magnificent), Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (will probably be FFT: DS in the states), Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright's successor), and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings.

Nintendo Wii: Metroid Prime 3, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Cooking Mama, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Mario Party 8, and Paper Mario. I'm also going to predict Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart Wii (even though they haven't confirmed my beloved Daisy in it yet), Trauma Center: New Blood, and Super Smash Bros Brawl.

I'd also like to point out that Rayman Raving Rabbids is fun at first, but it nearly caused me to throw my Wii-mote through my TV in later parts of the game. It was sold to Gamestop, where it can inflict its wrath upon some unsuspecting fool.
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                        Let's see, favorite games....

Playstation: Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, Lunar: Eternal Blue, Front Mission 3.

Gameboy Advance: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (not so much for the weak story, but for the unspoken fact that you are essentially the villain since you are fighting to undo the world of Ivalice).

Gamecube: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I never had an N64, but I got the GC edition that came with my preorder of Wind Waker), Mario Kart: Double Dash
                        Marry me. Please. Okay, maybe a pity date? Fond look? Passing glance of non-committal?

So few people even know all these games (esp. Lunar and Front Mission), much less play them both. You'd fit in well with the rest of my herd of geeks.

Others I really enjoy:

Sega Saturn Radient Silvergun--import, best. scrolling. shooter. ever.

Sega Genesis Shadowrun--best videogame version of the tabletop game, Phantasy Star IV

SNES Rock and Roll Racing--Just good plain fun, Shadowrun--not as good as the genesis version, but still fun.

PC X-Com:Ufo Defense (UFO:Enemy Unknown in Europe)--Best game ever. One part RTS, one part Turn-based Strategy, and one part buisiness management. No attempts to recreate this game has ever succeded, although some have come close. I still play it today, after almost 15 years.
                        Battlefield 2142--I play as Gnon, and am a holy terror in a hovertank with the engineer class. I have been on servers where all attack aircraft were diverted to chasing me down when I was spotted in a hovertank. Especially since I could shoot transports out of the air on the move. I'm proud of that. I can also be a pain-in-the-ass sniper. Oddly, really the only FPS I enjoy, although I play CoD2 & 3 some.
                        Peggle--My recent obsession.
                        MMORPGs--No, really. I've played just about all of them at one point or another. My faves are WoW, Dungeon Runners, City of Heroes/Villians, looking forward to Hellgate:London and Warhammer MMO
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Sorry. Taken, and you're not my type (it's just that you'd have to be "Geek Queen" to have a chance with me ^_^).

I love Lunar. I have the punching puppet Ghaleon for preordering Eternal Blue. I even wore Lucia's pendant for quite awhile, until the gold-tone finish started to rub off the back. Too bad Dragon Song on DS was ass, I had been looking forward to seeing how the series got a step closer to the end (I think they're supposed to have 4).
                          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Yeah, Lunar and Front Mission were pretty bad ass. More importantly with those...do NOT play Lunar Dragon Song...but DO check this out...

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=fmgh

Along with this, the original was also trans'd. I think the second was on PS1 and so was another sort of gaiden, but of course, in Japanese only. Loved FFT and FFTA. Personally, I just love strategy/RPGs in general (pretty much anything Nippon Ichi, Ogre Battle series, Front Mission series, etc.).

Sega Genesis Shadowrun
                            Yep. That's an excellent one that I also reviewed. The SNES didn't really appeal to me all that much and it was hard to figure out where to go/what to do...etc. I beat that one, though, as opposed to the Genesis one. I kinda wanted to stay away from listing NES titles only because it's very hard for me to decide on "favorites." There were so many good ones, it's hard to say where to start.

I loved Conker as well, but it's kind of a tie between that and Perfect Dark for best N64 Rare title. Yes yes...Goldeneye was freakin' awesome, but I felt PD was better. Now that that's all been said (and with October almost being over), what do you guys think the best survival horror game is? Here's my top 3:

- Silent Hill 2
                            - Resident Evil 4
                            - Resident Evil (both original and remake)

I was actually going to have a top 10, then I realized that they would be almost entirely populated by RE and SH. Which is unfair, because you also have certain other titles that had good ideas, but bad execution (Clock Tower 3, Rule of Rose, Siren, etc.). Thoughts?

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                              Sorry. Taken, and you're not my type (it's just that you'd have to be "Geek Queen" to have a chance with me ^_^).
                              <sigh> Sometime its like I have a detector built in. Do you have any idea how many times I have heard the "I like you. Its a shame you're not female."

At least you have good taste. You're still welcome to hang out with my geek herd anytime.
                              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

It's mine. MINE! Got the new Phoenix Wright game and I LOVE it. I'm only on the second episode, but I'm liking it already! I really had to hold myself back from buying Phantom Hourglass also, though. Hopefully once I get some stuff straightened out and sell more on Amazon, I'll be able to get more new stuff.

Of course, nothing TOO new, since I don't have any of the new systems. But hey, that also allows me to pick up all kinds of games for the PS2, etc. that have now been way discounted.

Comment

Working...
                                X