Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll post about the guy(s) with the Whore Complex in a little bit, have to run for laundry money.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

I'd wire you the money if I could read it before I went to bed
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Sorry, Blas! Here you go.

If you don't know what the Madonna/Whore Complex is Wikipedia has an awful article on it. It essentially boils down among a certain sect of men that there are two types of women. Good women who are pure, devoted housewives (Madonna), and Bad Women who have sex and fun and stuff (Whores).

So a guy moved into my old apartment complex. We got along famously. I'm bi polar, he's schizophrenic. The stars couldn't align more perfectly. We hung out a couple times, went out to eat (going dutch, more often than not), drove around, and had a good time. One night we hit up a coffee shop for some food and coffee, his treat. As we're sitting there, chatting and eating he lets me in on this fantastic piece of knowledge:

Him: Yeah, any woman who goes out with a guy, he pays, then she has sex with him is a prostitute.
        Me: *looks down at plate of food he just purchased* Good to know..

A few nights later, we end up drinking tequila in his apartment. I have some kind of wicked immunity to drinking tequila because it doesn't get me drunk. It just kind of makes me ill. He installs Linux on his computer, I tell him he's doing it wrong then play on his psp. Eventually, I meander back to my apartment. I don't hear from him for a couple of days and finally I run into him and ask him what's up.

Him: Well, after the way you threw yourself at me I was a little uncomfortable talking to you.
        Me:

Okay.. sure. Whatever. I did sit on his bed after all (while he sat across the room). I probably should have sat on the floor or something. But, finally, I get to be Madonna. One night, the last night I talked to him, we were talking and he went on this massive verbal vomit:

Him: You know, I really like you. If i wasn't moving I'd really like to date you because you have a mind I've never encountered before. You're so incredibly intelligent and hot. I really wanted to kiss you when you wore that red lipstick. You know you can move to [town so far in the woods that they don't have telephones] if you want to.
        Me: no.. thanks..

For the record: we never so much as kissed, let alone had sex. He had a great shot at me until the whole prostitute thing. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
        Oh, god now this reminds me of "Only whores have sex for fun" guy and "Tell me to fuck a cactus" guy.

Comment

No worries, I stay up late most days anyway because I can't stop reading stuff on here or watching that brain rotting Y&R.

The read was well worth it

Yet another type of guy I can hate now. Oh joy. But I must say, I've never heard of a guy call me a "prostitute" before because he's bought me dinner or treated me to a movie or something, and then, well, ya know....

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
            Oh, god now this reminds me of "Only whores have sex for fun" guy and "Tell me to fuck a cactus" guy.
            Yes, because my idea of a good time is to go and do my job for free.

Comment

Okay one more because I found the actual chat conversation. Then I'll stop bombing this thread with my creepy posts.

Quoth Whiskeys journal 10/24/2009

Backstory: This kid (19) saw my dating profile (now deleted, because of him) and sent me a rather cool message. Then proceeded to be creepier than anyone in the history of the internet. We were IM'ing for a bit (maybe an hour) then I went to bed or whatever. The next day he IM's me and I make an offhand comment that he doesn't talk. He proceeds to tell me something along the lines of "the world doesnt revolve around me" and that he's busy!!!! Well then don't IM me if you're busy, dumbass. After that, we didn't talk. Its been a solid month or so and today he pops up in my instant messages.

Session Start (Whiskey:CreepyInternetKid): Sat Oct 24 17:35:46 2009 -0700
              [17:35] CreepyInternetKid: so hey, are we still gonna go drink or did you chicken out?
              [17:37] Whiskey: I don't even know how to respond.
              Session Close (CreepyInternetKid): Sat Oct 24 17:37:59 2009 -0700

Every session close is me closing the IM. This all happened in the times listed on the same day (today)

Session Start (Whiskey:CreepyInternetKid): Sat Oct 24 17:38:20 2009 -0700
              [17:38] CreepyInternetKid: oh?
              [17:38] CreepyInternetKid: how so?
              [17:38] CreepyInternetKid: i hadn't heard from you so i thought you lost interest
              [17:38] CreepyInternetKid: i'm bored, i figure what the hell, so i hit you up
              [17:39] Whiskey: i picked up on that.
              [17:39] CreepyInternetKid: so, you can tell me to go fornicate with a cactus, or you can attempt to set up a date and time
              [17:40] Whiskey: considering the impression you gave me from our last conversation, im totally picking the first.
              [17:40] * Whiskey buzzes CreepyInternetKid!
              [17:40] Whiskey: oops, my bad.
              [17:40] CreepyInternetKid: o...kay
              Session Close (CreepyInternetKid): Sat Oct 24 17:40:56 2009 -0700

Session Start (Whiskey:CreepyInternetKid): Sat Oct 24 17:41:09 2009 -0700
              [17:41] CreepyInternetKid: it's not like i could give you the drinking contest that was promised
              [17:41] Whiskey: hahahaha
              [17:41] Whiskey: you think thats what im referring to?
              [17:41] CreepyInternetKid: recent binge drinking 4 days in a row, got alcohol poisoning like a mofo
              [17:42] CreepyInternetKid: got past that, went to doctor, got told i was bleeding internally and had to take antibiotics
              [17:42] CreepyInternetKid: haven't been able to drink more than a pint of vodka now
              [17:42] Whiskey: ok?
              [17:42] CreepyInternetKid: i don't like to lose!
              [17:43] Whiskey: I have no idea why youre going on about this, especially when i have already told you that its not what im referring to.
              [17:43] Whiskey: i have no idea why youre going on about this at all, really.
              [17:44] CreepyInternetKid: rather go on about this than sit on a cactus
              [17:44] Whiskey: Well then i dont know why you made it one of the options.
              [17:44] CreepyInternetKid: if you're into that, knock yourself out. but i am all good off of that
              [17:44] CreepyInternetKid: because if you chose it, then you are not worth my time
              [17:45] Whiskey: then you think you would stop talking?
              Session Close (CreepyInternetKid): Sat Oct 24 17:45:03 2009 -0700

I blocked him

Comment

So jealous.

I never had a bad date in my life.

I've been a bad date though.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I agreed to go out with a guy I worked with and when he came to pick me up my dog ran to the door and bit him. My dog had never bitten anyone before or after. I should have taken it as a sign.

We get to the movie, says he doesn't want my popcorn or anything to drink, so I bought my own. After the movie, we are walking out and he carries me over a puddle, which I thought was sweet.

He is driving me back home and started SCREAMING at me about buying the popcorn, no not because he wanted to pay, but because I bought way too big of a bag. I'm looking to see if I will have to jump out of a moving car, since he is scaring the holy hell out of me. I did get home safely, but shook up because of him screaming at the top of his lungs at me the whole way back.

Another guy I went out with asked me to sleep with him on our first date. I told him I wasn't one of his California sluts who have no problem sleeping with someone before or after a first date. And, who the hell did he think he was asking me that in the first place?!? Anyway, I married him a few months later and we have been inseparable for the last 19 years.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

J and I have the same birthdate, but a year apart.

J was going out with D.

I was going out with F.

On J's and my birthday one year, F told me that he liked me, sure, but if J wasn't taken he'd break up with me in an instant. (Why I didn't break up with him then and there - well, I was young and insecure, I guess.)

About an hour later, we found out that J and D had broken up.

J and F became a couple that day, while D comforted me. Later, they married.

I had a couple more bad relationships, but D basically was the good-friend who watched and waited and comforted me - and eventually I realised I couldn't imagine life without him. We'll have been married for 20 years, in May next year.
                    Seshat's self-help guide:
                    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post

Another guy I went out with asked me to sleep with him on our first date. I told him I wasn't one of his California sluts who have no problem sleeping with someone before or after a first date. And, who the hell did he think he was asking me that in the first place?!? Anyway, I married him a few months later and we have been inseparable for the last 19 years.
                      LOL!

Cute.

Comment

My personal favourite wasnt actually a date.

I was at my local watering hole one evening when a bus load of young cricketers rolled in after a victory in the next town. What normally was a quite drink at the pub, turned into quite a riotous night. There was this one guy who kept trying to pick me up all night. I kept saying no. Towards the end of the night, I drove one of my friends home (I was not a big drinker back then and had only had 2 bourbons) I planned to drop her off and head back to play some more pool. Well, this guy jumps in the back of the car and rather than argue, I let him tag along. I drop my friend home and before I can even get the car turned around to go back, he leaps into the front seat next to me and says in a drunken Australian drawl "So, can I root ya?"

I refuse. He asks again. I refuse. Then he asks for a blow job. This was the point where I reached across the car and as I slowly turned the corner, opened the door, slowed to a crawl and I pushed him out the car. I drove away to the charming sound of him calling me a "Effing Lesbian"

I decided not to return the the pub and just drove home.
                        "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                        "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                        "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I don't date too much but here's one.

There was this guy; we'd grown up childhood friends (lived about 5 hrs apart so saw each other rarely). We'd always liked each other and when I started college he came down to visit his brother who attended the same institution. I was really happy to see him and gladly spent the next couple of days with him and him+his brother. I began to cool off after he mentioned offhand that he was glad I was pure and not like "all the whores out there", being "educated" on how being a feminist was wrong, and that I should focus on being a good mother. Ah, patronization how I loathe thee.

He also generally came off as being clingy. *shudder*

Anyway I was glad to see him leave after more lectures of a similar vein and stopped talking to him/ calling him. We got in touch again later as my parents are still friends with his. He had studied abroad for a year and proceeded to talk down to me about how "Americans think they know everything but aren't really liked in other countries". Gosh. I've never heard that before except, like, EVERYWHERE.

*Pet peeve* He tried to argue me down about evolution using his unaccredited (spelling?) religious college's arguments -- I have a science degree and am fascinated by evolution + evolutionary psychology so this REALLY irks me.

I haven't voluntarily communicated with him in a while but lately he's been trying to get in touch with me over facebook saying that "the lord has put me on his heart". Sense a theme?

I've had some other "interesting" dates but compared to those on here they're pretty anticlimatic.

Soooooooooo, Whiskey, got anymore stories? Take your time, I'll wait. *Grabs diet soda and settles in*

Comment

Quoth Thuringwethyl View Post
                            Soooooooooo, Whiskey, got anymore stories? Take your time, I'll wait. *Grabs diet soda and settles in*
                            I've got the popcorn!
                            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I've got chocolate covered Doritos & cheap champane.
                              ......../\
                              ....../__\
                              ..../\...../\
                              ../__\../__\

Comment

I'd love to read some more Whiskey stories. I'll even be patient this time, write it whenever you can, I'll be back whenever I get a chance to read it

Anyway, I thought of another.

Well, there was a stuck-up asshole I went on a date with (another reason I don't use Internet to date) who had a brand new SUV that could play movies up in the front and he was more interested in describing all of that crap than putting the car in gear and us going anywhere. He was one of those non-smokers who feels the need to lecture and lecture and punish and refused to let me go outside and smoke a cigarette, saying he'd drive off and leave me there if I did. He also said he had an ex gf who used to smoke, she was really short, so he'd always hide her smokes in high areas of the house so she couldn't reach them.

Wow. It's that big of an issue, you knew I smoked before we met, and you're lecturing and boasting of your tactics, why the hell are we on a date?

Comment

Working...
                                X