This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    IIRC, two different eye colours (eg David Bowie) can indicate Mosaicism.
    David Bowie's eye colours are due a fight he had as a kid.

Comment

I have a golden central ring with rays into a light blue iris rimmed with medium blue.

When I get pissed off they get dark blue, when I am in pain they turn gray.

My dad had dark grey eyes that would go black when he was pissed. My mom has moss green eyes with golden highlights, but her eyes do not change colors.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Mine tend to be blue-green, occasionally with the brown center ring expanding to take over the whole iris. I was told as a kid that hazel meant your eyes could change color, so that's what I've always called it. Not feeling like taking a pic at the moment, though!

Also, my hair appears brown in most indoor light. Get me out in the bright sun, especially with a blue shirt, and the true dark auburn shows, with occasional brilliant red and gold highlights. A lock of it has everything from very thin gold hairs to slightly thicker red and brown ones, to the occasional very thick and coarse black ones. The latter are what we used in a couple science experiments in high school that required a human hair. (very hard to break em!)

Comment

I need to take a picture of my eyes. I always forget about the inner ring of browny-hazel stuff. Mostly, I just have a dullish/prussianish blue. :3/joins club
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

The coolest eyes I ever saw, a girl had one eye blue, and the other was split. The top half was green, and the bottom half was brown!

One of my brothers has two different color eyes, but it's subtle. One is gray-blue, and one is gray-green.

Mine are blue, with an amber ring around the pupil. The blue changes from gray when I'm unhappy, to midnight when I'm tired, to really really intense blue when I'm happy. Usually they're a blue-gray when I'm not feeling anything particularly strongly. Someone once told me that it's impossible for human eyes to change color and it was all in my head, but if it's all in my head, it's been consistent ever since I noticed it.
            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

I have golden brown eyes with green mixed in to them.....so, hazel?

Anyway, the anomaly on my dad's side of the family is anyone who has these hazel eyes also has a light ring of dark grey around the hazel color.

It's pretty cool.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                IIRC, two different eye colours (eg David Bowie) can indicate Mosaicism.
                David Bowie's eyes are both blue. One is permanently dilated, so it looks off. It's from a eye injury he got in a fight.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                Your eyes are so pretty! Such a deep rich color, like honey and green amber.

My eyes change color sometimes; But funny, all my life my eye doctor said I had brown eyes. My new doctor says they're hazel, meaning I believe a base of grey with overtones of brown, not a base of brown. I also have a Nevus, it's a freckle in the actual pigment of the eye. I think it's neat, but it can be a sign of some medical problems, but since it's only one I'm not worried about it. See?

As long as the nevi doesn't change it should be fine.

I've got it too: my eyes are a mix of blue and green. Usually the blue predominates because I dress in a lot of blue (my favorite color), but when I wear the right colors the green really comes out
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Interesting...so I"m guessing with the "you are your own twin" thing you start out as two separate cells and then merge together completely?

I saw a show once on this...I believe one of the cases was where a mother wasn't genetically related to her own child......at least I think it was the same kind of issue.
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

nevermind seems to have a mistake in my facts
                    Last edited by judecat; 07-11-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Someone else with an eye freckle!! My eyes are orangey-brown, so normal, but I got a random eye freckle once that appeared out of nowhere. Then I started having a strange white thing growing on it that looks like it's gonna try to start growing over my entire eye, so I need to get that checked out. Cos you know, blindness is kiiinda bad. Especially for an art student.

Comment

Quoth Pairou View Post
                        Cos you know, blindness is kiiinda bad. Especially for an art student.
                        I've seen what some folks consider art. Believe me, blindness would be no hurdle.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                          I've seen what some folks consider art. Believe me, blindness would be no hurdle.
                          Touche, sir!

Comment

Woah awesome, so that's what they call my type of eyes...! I have Gold to Orange to Green

Comment

Quoth Pairou View Post
                              Someone else with an eye freckle!! My eyes are orangey-brown, so normal, but I got a random eye freckle once that appeared out of nowhere. Then I started having a strange white thing growing on it that looks like it's gonna try to start growing over my entire eye, so I need to get that checked out. Cos you know, blindness is kiiinda bad. Especially for an art student.
                              That sounds like a cataract. They can be removed, I believe, but it's better to get them caught sooner rather than later.

And hey, it's nice to know that I'm not a complete alien. I have a distinct yellow ring around my pupil, the rest of my iris is bright green, and there's a dark green ring around the outside. I have no idea where it comes from, because I'm the only instance of green eyes on either side of the family for at least 4 generations back.

The Hubster gets right up my nose sometimes because he finds my eyes fascinating and likes to study them at random moments.
                              What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                                The Hubster gets right up my nose sometimes because he finds my eyes fascinating and likes to study them at random moments.
                                awwww! !que romantico! /
                                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                                X