Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out grocery shopping with Lil' Zel. We stop by the fish counter and I see a tin of salmon caviar.

Me: Oh, what a shame it's so expensive... you know, once before you were born, I had it for breakfast during a business trip to Lithuania, and I thought it to be very delicious.

Him: Wow, mom! Was it back in the 20th century?

Me: ... yes, yes it was...

Never have I felt so old
    A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• Quoth NorthernZel View Post
      Him: Wow, mom! Was it back in the 20th century?

Me: ... yes, yes it was...

Never have I felt so old
      I remember when companies made references to the 20th century in order to seem "up to date". A few examples:

- 20th Century Fox studios
      - Freightliner Century Series
      - Buick Century
      - Kenworth T2000
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• Khan: 'It would be good if flying carpets were real, because then they could put them on airplane wings so the airplanes wouldn't need engines."
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• The day after watching "Inside Out" at the cinema I and Lil' Zel went out shopping, and ended up browsing at the Disney Store (we found a cool Anger t-shirt, but unfortunately none in his size were in stock, Anger is apparently the most popular figure over here).

Me: Hey, look at those BingBong plush toys! And WOW, they smell like candyfloss!

Him: Well, DUH! His body is made out of candyfloss, why should he smell otherwise?!

Me: ...
          A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Comment

• I totally cried during that movie. You know which part. And when I looked at Khan he had his hands over his face, so I think it got to him too.

Today is Number Two Son's first birthday. I hope for his birthday he gets some damn teeth already.

Comment

• My kiddo has a thing now where he calls children "Mischievous Face".

He's got us doing it, now.
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                I totally cried during that movie. You know which part. And when I looked at Khan he had his hands over his face, so I think it got to him too.
                Yeah, there were times where I wondered whether invisible onion choppin' ninjas were a feature of the IMAX 3D experience And I even made it through "Titanic" without tearing up so that says a lot.

Lil' Zel didn't seem that fazed. On the other hand, he focused only on the funny end credits when I asked him what he thought of the movie...

Comment

• Yesterday Khan killed off his imaginary friend, Soup Pot the robot. He fell into a pit of nails and died.

I'm going to miss him.

Comment

• My 16 year old had surgery yesterday and had to spend the night in the hospital. This is my very masculine, independent male 16 year old with washboard abs and biceps that would make any 25 year old male jealous. He insisted that he must have Fluffy the Stuffed Penguin brought to him so he could sleep. I'd also bought him a small stuffed penguin and the hospital had a medium sized stuffed cat in the admission package. He kept all three stuffed critters lined up on his bed the entire time he was there.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• Khan: "Daddy works on heartbeats so he can help people. If you want to be a scientist like him you have to be a grown-up, and that means you take responsibility. Like you have to be good with money, and not buy everything on the commercials. And you have to take long showers."

Comment

• Quoth mathnerd View Post
                        My 16 year old had surgery yesterday and had to spend the night in the hospital. This is my very masculine, independent male 16 year old with washboard abs and biceps that would make any 25 year old male jealous. He insisted that he must have Fluffy the Stuffed Penguin brought to him so he could sleep. I'd also bought him a small stuffed penguin and the hospital had a medium sized stuffed cat in the admission package. He kept all three stuffed critters lined up on his bed the entire time he was there.
                        38 and the last time I was in hospital I had two soft toy bunnies with me, Flopsy and Bunny because I wouldn't be able to sleep with out them either
                        Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Working...
                        X