Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I'm mistaken for Gravekeeper.

Phone: "Ring ring!"
    Me: *speil*
    SC: "Yeah what's your petrol price?"
    Me: "I can't tell you over the phone, it's actually illegal."
    SC: "Don't give me that, tell me the price."
    Me: "It's illegal to call up and ask what the price of fuel is too."
    SC: "I don't care about that, I'm in a wheelchair."
    Me: "It's still illegal."
    SC: "OK fine!" *hangs up*

Phone: "Ring ring!"
    Me: *speil*
    SC: (not recognising voice) "Yeah I rang a while ago and someone told me he can't tell me the price over the phone, I want him fired."
    Me: "I told you when you rang before that it's illegal to give the price over the phone."
    SC: (whinging and moaning and so on, then...) "I'm in a wheelchair! How am I supposed to know what the price is if you don't tell me?"
    Me: (losing patience) "You can drive past and look at the price board like everyone else."
    SC: "THANKS FOR NOTHING, YOU FUEL BUM!" *hangs up*

edit: It actually is illegal for a service station operator in South Australia to give out fuel prices over the phone to somebody not directly involved in the business. This is supposedly to stop price fixing, I don't know if it actually has any effect.

The people supposed to police these things do occasionally phone us and ask for the price, but they always let us know when we pass the test.
    Last edited by edible_hat; 06-17-2008, 07:28 AM.

I would've been tempted to play with them a little more on the second call.

SC: I want them fired!
    Me: You mean they dared not to tell you the gas prices?
    SC: No! OUTRAGE!
    Me: Wow. I'm going to write that employee up... for worker of the month! Thank you so much for bringing that matter to my attention, I'll be sure they get all the praise they deserve for doing their job correctly.

I wouldn't do that but seriously, how annoying. If the person can't drive (which makes me wonder why they'd be asking for gas prices anyway), why wouldn't they call a friend or family member who can to drive by and let them know? Just dumb.
    "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

How about going on line..... these days there are tons of sites you can check out gas prices in the area.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

You're in a wheelchair? Guess what! That doesn't entitle you to shit besides a handicapped sticker.

What is it with people trying to get people fired (and taking away their livelihood) for mild inconveniences? I mean, how much of a douchebag do you have to be?
        Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Is it really illegal to ask gas prices, or is this just an outside of the US type thing?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If no one else was in the store you should have started screaming at a fake employeee (think Basil Fawlty yelling at Manuel). Telling them how useless they were, that this is the last straw, and that you're having them deported back to Mongolia.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Is it really illegal to ask gas prices, or is this just an outside of the US type thing?
              In South Australia (possibly all of Australia) it is, supposedly to stop price collusion. I'm not sure how well it works though - instead of calling up our competitors and saying "what's your fuel price" we take a short drive past their site and note the prices on their board.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                In South Australia (possibly all of Australia) it is, supposedly to stop price collusion. I'm not sure how well it works though - instead of calling up our competitors and saying "what's your fuel price" we take a short drive past their site and note the prices on their board.
                Yeah, but you have to do that. You can't all just call around and agree on a price!
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                X