Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can write anything you'd like to. I don't want to limit anyone's creativity.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I'm not sure there's enough room on a 6-inch-square.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Do we want to maybe move up to an 8 inch square?

Comment

Quoth fireheart
          I wonder if I could send some fabric over from Ausland
          Oh it can be done course its fairly pricey.

I'm in. I didn't know him that well, but I've had friends of mine take their own life as well.
          I'll pick up some fabric tomorrow.

Comment

I forgot to ask: do you want us to wash (pre-shrink) the fabric before sending it in?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The marker would show up better if you wash the fabric before you write on it.

Comment

not to be a bummer but some walmarts are cutting out their fabrics section, or rather one of the wally marts here did but i still have hobby lobby.

just to be sure going to get 8 inches cause the dryer tends to overdry even on medium and shrink the cotton just a little.
                want to sign up but not sure if i can get the fabric in time

Comment

It'll take a while to collect the fabric from everyone, and I don't mind waiting for someone who would like to participate.

Comment

I can't get to any of the fabric or craft stores around here, but I believe I have some kitty-themed fabric from a while back. I might be able to snag the right kind of pen, though...some of the stores around here have notions like that.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

going to try and get foot of fabric for those who wanted to but couldn't send or for whatever reason, the only possible problem would be the personal message.

sorry not so good at measurements, what would be needed to at least have even enough squares for a few others?

Comment

I'd like to add to this, too. Even though Plaid and I weren't familiar with each other, his presence on the board will be missed and it's the only thing I can do now to make up for the lack of knowing him in person.

For anyone overseas that might find it financially difficult to send a piece in, if you like I can maybe get it for you and you can tell me what to write on it? I'm not sure I can do it for everyone but since I will probably end up buying a pack of quilt squares anyway, I'll surely have extra. If I have to buy something off of a bolt, I'll have extra.

Is this just a straight 6x6 (or 8x8 if you decide to do that) or do we have to allow room for seams?

Comment

I think it will be easier to do an 8x8 and then leave about 3/4 of an inch around the whole block for a seam allowance so I don't sew over anyone's message.

Comment

I got 1/4 yard of black & white plaid which is 9"x whatever width. I just cut into the length by 9". Not sure if it is 100% square but I will be sending the rest of the fabric with the square just in case filler is needed.

I also found really cute but not girly cat print fabric. So I made a square applique out of it and hand-stitched it on just this afternoon, then signed it as best as I could with a sharpie. I'll post a pic as soon as I get one.

"We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

I'd like to do this too. I'll start looking for the perfect square right away. But I just don't know what to write...
                              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What a wonderful idea! I'll be going to the craft store this week anyway, so I'll add this to the list.
                                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                                X