This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer threatens to sue for lack of 3 year old product

I didn't experience this first-hand, but the story itself really pissed me off now that I think about it in retrospect.

So I work for a home accents store that recycles the merchandise and style pretty much every 6 months to a year, so finding something that we had in the store 3 years ago is almost impossible. Things that old go to clearance, and we're having the 75% off clearance sale. Yeah, you're not going to find it.

My asst. manager tells me that as soon as she walks in to clock in, shes bombarded by a lady who wants a papasan stool cushion we had a few years ago. Its now less than 3 dollars. Customer previously called customer service who then told her she'd be better off going to to the store and maybe they can help from there. AM calls the number, tells the situation. By now, lines are forming already and customer is talking to someone on the cell saying how ridiculous it is that she has to go through ALL THIS TROUBLE because she neglected to buy something 3 years ago. Its our fault.

AM is still on the phone with CustService and the customer is shouting in her face about how she "spends so much f***ing money" even though the lady whos worked there since store opening doesn't even recognize her, but anyways. After about 10 minutes, they find a store in Kentucky (i'm in delaware, so she has to pay shipping AND tax) that has the cushion. OH NO, lady is NOT paying tax or shipping because customer service says she doesn't have to. This is like the 3rd thing she said that went against the regulations of the company so it sounds suspicious.

Ten minutes later she agrees to pay shipping, she hands over her credit card which is unsigned. Any unsigned or "CID" credit cards get asked 'do you have your license/ID?' but not this lady. She goes off into orbit, saying it's terrible, why should we need her ID, she has the license number but no license (why are you driving?) and we should still accept it. After some nervous laughter from my AM (between the girl on the other end hearing the situation and that my AM cant believe how stupid this situation is) the lady tells the person she is talking on the cell phone how she is calling corporate/sue/being outrageous.

AM apologizes, says she wasn't laughing because it was funny but because she doesn't know what to do since there is a line 5 deep. The people are now scared of this customer. The store in KY agrees to accept the order, even after the fact that the customer now signs the card in front of AM "there i make mistakes, I MAKE MISTAKES DONT YOU MAKE MISTAKES OR ARE YOU TOO PERFECT" but at this time its "IM in a hurry IM not paying shipping its not worth the trouble" not even minding the fact that there were 2 OTHER THINGS she wanted that were pretty old as well. Heaven forbid it was her own responsibility that she didnt buy extra.

So if a store sells out of something thats a few years ago, and they arent able to get it anymore despite the fact that the store tried its best for you even if they didnt have to, it is now you're right to bitch and moan and sue the store for negligence?

I think lawyers should charge a penalty for wasting their time that would apply to all these people who want to file stupid lawsuits.

Comment

I say she should go for it. Shouldn't cost her a penny more than $250,000, but then again I don't know what lawyers are getting for their services these days.

And if she's really lucky, she'll get the case in front of a judge who will laugh until he pisses his pants and then dismiss the suit.

If stupid really did hurt, this woman would be in a full-body cast.
      Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 06-02-2007, 05:28 PM.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
      X