X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "A grown man should have more than a dollar in his wallet"

[cookies for obscure ref]

Was getting some Mickey D's this afternoon, and as I'm making my order, I notice the sign on the register informing customers that cards could not be processed, and it was cash only. No skin off my nose, as I was using cash anyways, but the guy standing behind me in line for at least a minute (and in full view of said sign), loudly groused, "This is fucking ridiculous...!" as he tried to make an order, then loudly slammed the door on his way out...said door with its own sign informing customers that cards could not be processed at the moment. I commiserated to the cashier about how obvious the sign was, but seriously...who doesn't keep at least enough cash in their wallet for McDonald's? Hey, it sucks when you're paying with a card, and the register can't process it, but don't take it out on the poor cashier, okay?

Hey to each his own. I have not carried any cash in my wallet in years. Mostly because of my job pizza delivery driver. The only time I have any cash on me off the clock is right after I have clocked out from my job.

Hey cash only well sucks to be me without cash I guess I will got somewhere else.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I was always taught to never carry more cash than you can afford to lose. In my case, right now carrying bus fare is risky.

Comment

I just never remember to GET cash. Of course, I do take public transit and work in a very questionable part of town, so feel safer not having it anyway.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

That's what ATM's are for.

Comment

I rarely have cash on me but if the card reader was broken I'd look for an atm or go elsewhere.
            How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
              I rarely have cash on me but if the card reader was broken I'd look for an atm or go elsewhere.
              Same here, of course. Just saying that not everyone routinely carries cash.
              "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Nope, no cash. Haven't carried cash in years. I can read a sign though, so I'd just go elsewhere or hit the atm.

Comment

I rarely carry cash on me. If I think of it, I try to make sure I keep a twenty on me, but sometimes I don't bother.

Recently, my bank put out new debit cards, that have a chip, stripe and tap capabilities and can act as a CC if you need it to. I went to a local pasta chain, noticed they had a sign up that said they specifically could not take those cards, so I used one of my other cards.

A week or two later, I was going to go to them again, saw they still had the sign up. Since I didn't have enough cash, nor did I want to use the other cards, I went somewhere else; no muss, no fuss.

Comment

I always carry cash. Rarely use it, always carry it. Don't want to be stuck with a bank-network outage and fumes in the car's gas tank.
                    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                      I always carry cash. Rarely use it, always carry it. Don't want to be stuck with a bank-network outage and fumes in the car's gas tank.
                      My thoughts exactly...I put the majority of my weekly paycheck in the bank, but always keep some cash on hand for things like train tickets and fast food meals.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                        I rarely carry cash on me. If I think of it, I try to make sure I keep a twenty on me, but sometimes I don't bother.

Recently, my bank put out new debit cards, that have a chip, stripe and tap capabilities and can act as a CC if you need it to. I went to a local pasta chain, noticed they had a sign up that said they specifically could not take those cards, so I used one of my other cards.

A week or two later, I was going to go to them again, saw they still had the sign up. Since I didn't have enough cash, nor did I want to use the other cards, I went somewhere else; no muss, no fuss.
                        In that case and given the length of time, I would be inclined to politely and nicely ask the manager when they might be expecting to be able to take those kinds of cards. Politely and nicely being the key words here. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask questions in that case. Anything more than a day or two, and I'd be wanting to know if I should just find an alternative longer term. Since most people's lunch breaks are short, it's not sucky to want to eliminate a wasted trip until they get their machines fully functioning.
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I don't carry cash because I know that if I did, I would just piss it away in vending machines.
                          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I always carry cash on me, as I find it easier to budget that way. I know my groceries for the week are between $250-$300. I take that out on payday, pay bills online and anything left is free spending money.
                            Last edited by dawnfire; 12-04-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I carry cash (...sometimes) but I try to only use it at small mom n' pops where they are cash only or using a card dings into their profit.

I rarely use cash for places like McDonald's or other big chains.
                              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
                              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X