This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nekojin View Post
    *wave* Hi there! I'm the originator of that quote. I was asked, for an article about 8 years back, what it means to be Furry, and that was the answer I gave.

Most just wear jeans and a t-shirt, without anything identifying them as a Furry, even at a convention.
    Sorry, didn't realize that was your quote. I just heard Tyger Cowboy say it once or twice at his Howloween stuffs, and then realized he had his furmeets as an ego stroke for himself, and stopped going.

I don't keep a great handle on the furry community as much any longer. Never really been to a Furry Con, only anime cons... So... I dunno, sorry for misrepresenting you. I didn't mean to offend.

However, with the quote, I must say, Freud was talking out of his ass, and has been disproven frequently. I'm just saying...
    Last edited by Imogene; 04-15-2008, 03:41 AM. Reason: ...
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Furry can be a lot of things, but simply its an interest in animals, typically those with human aspects. Correctly its anthropomorphic animals (animals with human qualities) which can range from a talking dog to an animal person. The people in it can be writers, artists, costumers and more (2 the gryphon has a radio show or rather radio rant). The people can range from so mundane and boring as to make Louis Tully look interesting to those so weird that it makes you uncomfortable that you share the planet with them (the guy I saw on my way to my room at my first con that was wearing a cowboy hat, boxers, cowboy boots and carrying a whip was a step in that direction).

Having been a furry in a small area, I know how hard it can be to meet others, hence the question, wearing cat ears, it likely seemed safe to ask you. In my case I went even bigger, I started the eList (now Yahoo group) Fur Shore, which took off like wild fire, and was successful in handing it off when I left NJ.
      Seph
      Taur10
      "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I'm a mix between a fox and a wolf myself...but haven't been to a furry con yet. I'm still trying to get the boyfriend to think it's a good idea. But he really doesn't get furry...unless it's cat girls...and they are wearing skimpy outfits in his anime.
        Last edited by Aethian; 04-15-2008, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
          Ok I am at a loss, what is a furry O_O
          agaion alot of answer to that... some says it like to have sex when dressed up as an animal... or some have even said to have sex with something that looks like an animal... or just liking to dress like an animal

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
            agaion alot of answer to that... some says it like to have sex when dressed up as an animal... or some have even said to have sex with something that looks like an animal... or just liking to dress like an animal
            See Nekojin's paraphrased quote...
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              I'm just curious, but why is your answer to that question so vehement?

It's not like he asked if you ate babies or anything.
              I'm not the one he asked, that's what my friend's girlfriend actually said. She probably phrased it like that thinking of the more extreme stuff that are considered taboo for most, herself possibly included.

Quoth Javarod View Post
              Having been a furry in a small area, I know how hard it can be to meet others, hence the question, wearing cat ears, it likely seemed safe to ask you.
              Maybe, we don't know. There is a furcon around here so I doubt it's that hard to find other furries...

Also about the cat ears, the 4 of us all met through anime cons (for myself, my girlfriend and my friend, it was Nan Desu Kan, then we met my friend's girlfriend, the catgirl in question, at Anime Wasabi) where cat ears are extremely common, in fact at Anime Wasabi, people were actually running around in fursuits in the final hours of the last day.
              Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                Sorry, didn't realize that was your quote. I just heard Tyger Cowboy say it once or twice at his Howloween stuffs, and then realized he had his furmeets as an ego stroke for himself, and stopped going.
                No worries. It's not like I have it copyrighted, or anything. I don't think I was even attributed in the article. =^_^=

I don't keep a great handle on the furry community as much any longer. Never really been to a Furry Con, only anime cons... So... I dunno, sorry for misrepresenting you. I didn't mean to offend.
                You didn't offend, and you didn't particularly misrepresent us. I was just clarifying and expanding on it.

However, with the quote, I must say, Freud was talking out of his ass, and has been disproven frequently. I'm just saying...
                *shrug* Just because Freud saw sexual causes in nearly everything, that doesn't mean that he was wholly wrong. He just lacked a sense of perspective. Many of his underlying concepts are still used in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy today.

Comment

Yes i know, but i do know w few people who have liked to have sex dress kind of like an animal and where furry so thats why i said that
                  no full suit, but there where masks and paws... and im not going any further hear but to say One even bought a special harness....

Comment

Just to clarify. Furry is no more about sex than the Anime fandom is. It's certainly an aspect of it, but it's far from a dominant role in the hobby. But then, the same can be said about Anime.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      OMG! Which one are you because I love that episode! I wanna be able to tell my furry friends that I know an extra from it!
                      Missed this one. Neither of us are clearly seen on camera at any point. However, both of us can be seen briefly - she's wearing a silver beaded headdress with ears; I'm wearing an orange tiger headband. I think you can see me from the back for about a quarter of a second. One friend actually called me to say that he finally (about six months after its original airing) saw Fur and Loathing, and spotted me. =^_^=

Random factoid: It was actually filmed in Valencia, CA, not Las Vegas, even though it was for an episode of CSI: Las Vegas.

Comment

HA! I remember BOTH of you then! it's one of my favourite episodes, I've seen it nearly 2 dozen times.
                        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

OMG OMG OMG I know which ones you are!! I've seen that episode so many times, I thought it was cool that they were talking about furries at all (which is a social subset I've poked around looking at on the net for years now). I grew up reading MAD magazine, so I'm always looking at backgrounds in movies and shows, I remember seeing you two and liking the beaded look!

(Weren't you two "petting" each other? I couldn't really tell).

And since you all seem so knowledgeable, where does a chained, banished angel belong in the world of social subsets? (I want her to quit bugging me about it! )
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

The only scene we're really visible in is the caberet shot. We're both in the audience, on the right-hand side. He's on the aisle, I'm one in. I don't have the silver-beaded Egyptian headpiece because the lighting guy said it was too shiny. I am wearing a pair of cheap leopard print ears, and he has tiger ears.

When you see overweight people walking by on screen? Those are all SoCalFurs members. The extras that weren't furs were all pretty average: not tall, not short, not overweight, although a few were underweight.

Oh, and one of the Jack Sparrows from Disneyland and one of the Beetlejuices from Universal Studios (the theme park portion) are both furry convention attendees. Often in full costume, although Beetlejuice often also sports bunny ears. If you can show me a screen shot, I can probably tell you who was in it.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Nekojin View Post
                              *shrug* Just because Freud saw sexual causes in nearly everything, that doesn't mean that he was wholly wrong. He just lacked a sense of perspective. Many of his underlying concepts are still used in psychoanalysis and psychotherapy today.
                              Freud was a sick weirdo. Just because he wanted to have sex with his parents and cut his own penis off, doesn't mean everyone wants to.

Comment

Im a furry every halloween

I love dressing up like a cat, but only for halloween
                                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Working...
                                X