This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Customer @ Best Buy

Saw this thread at a Blu-Ray forum I frequent, and I immediately thought of CS...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=233186

[My thoughts are included under the same username I use here]

All I can say to this is wow.....

Did he actually expect people to take his side when he admitted going overboard at the staff?
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

I mean, it sucks when you buy a movie or videogame or CD and get home and discover the packaging is damaged, I understand, but A.) check your stuff before going home, and B.) it still doesn't give you the right to start screaming and cursing at the poor employees for YOUR mistake. And replacement cases for games and movies are DIRT CHEAP when you buy them in bulk, so WTF was this asshole's problem?!

Comment

Not BB, but I've got a story about Future Shop, and how I "fixed their wagon good" when they were slow to replace defective merchandise.

Many years back (as geeks can tell from the technology references), FS had "white box" 5 1/4" disks with a lifetime warranty. I went through a lot of disks, and if any formatted with bad sectors right out of the box, I'd return them for exchange (after all, they did have a lifetime warranty, and a disk with bad sectors is defective).

FS didn't like the idea of replacing the disks, so they usually kept me waiting for a long time. At one point, a salesman asked me "Why are you the only one who has problems with our disks?" My guess is that I was the only one who could be bothered returning, rather than tossing, the bad ones (box of 10 for $5).

On one occasion, while they kept me waiting, I was standing in the computer department wearing my red "UBC Engineers" jacket. A salesperson was showing another customer 2 computers (IBM Personal System 2 models 25 and 30 - both 8086 based), then left to take care of other business. The other customer asked me (probably assumed from my jacket that I was technically inclined) what computer I'd recommend. My answer? Neither of those - at (clone shop a couple blocks away where I bought my system) they could get an 80286 for the same price as FS was offering an 8086.

I wonder how many replacement disks the lost profit on that sale would have paid for. The other customer had asked me for technical advice, and I gave him the same advice I would have given anyone. Of course, if FS had done a quick exchange on the defective disks, I wouldn't have been there for the other customer to ask me for advice.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I just..wow.. I can only imagine that the BB manager gave the guy his money back to just get rid of him. I just hope that BB customer service didn't bend over and give him anything.

Also not surprised in the least that the thread was closed.
          Random conversation:
          Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
          DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I think if they went on here and complained, the thread would be locked and people would be banned.

Comment

I think this was probably (an obviously failed) attempt by one of Customers Suck!'s very own clever Members, that regularly participate in the "The Customer Complaint Letter Game" thread, to punk the other Members of that Blu-Ray Forum!

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Just wow.

I'm glad to see that the majority of replies to that thread were quite critical of the OP. I've bought CDs, DVDs, games, etc, which I've realised were damaged when I got it home but to be honest, as long as the disc works then I don't care. Hell, with games the case is usually thrown in a pile and the disc added to a wallet anyway.

If I want to show it off, then I'll just swap the sleeve with another one. It's really not worth the effort to return it to the store just because of a damaged case.

Comment

Working...
                X