This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    What connector do the work cellphones use? If it's one of the standard ones, would probably be better to get a cheap (i.e. dollar store) USB charging cable and a universal extra battery (typically around $20). Charge the extra battery at home, then at work use it to charge the work phone. I'm assuming that your husband is walking around at work, so a wall charger wouldn't work for him (couldn't carry the work phone around while it was charging).
    From what I understand every purchase has to be approved by the Senior Manager over the entire area of garages.

The employee who does payroll and so on is responsible for ordering supplies which are approved by the Senior Manager.

According to my husband, what happened was that the weekend supervisor *who is now the overnight shift porter supervisor* was told by one of the painters that all of the chargers at the garage office where everyone clocks in and out at were gone. This happened on January 2nd. According to my husband the chargers were the on New Years Eve, but were gone on January 2nd.
    Last edited by snugglegirl05; 01-08-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Update regarding the overnight shift

This update came from my husband.

He was talking to the overnight shift porter supervisor at work today, and the supervisor told him that he has to "babysit" the porters. This particular supervisor was the same supervisor who was over my husband and me when we were both porters.

He does not like to babysit his staff. He made that clear when he was our supervisor.

He also mentioned that one of the overnight porters managed to cause one of the alarms inside one of the garages to go off.

My husband found out yesterday that one of the porters was asked to clean the alarms at a particular garage, and in addition to cleaning them, she decided to pull the alarm. She was written up and given a warning by the manager over everyone working the overnight shift.

Turns out the overnight porter shift are using the lockers that are inside the break-room at one of the garages, including the locker that he was using. So he does not have a locker to use.

The overnight shift began working on 12/31/15.

According to our employer as well as the area manager I reported to, this change was supposed to be for the better.
      Last edited by snugglegirl05; 01-14-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

One of the Area Managers is leaving

I found out from my husband today that one of the Area Managers is leaving. Looks like she got a better job offer working for a different company. Her last day is this Friday.

The Property Management company that owns the garages determines how much of a raise employees working for my former employer get.

I wonder if the Area Manager I reported to will find a better job opportunity considering the fact that he is only paid a salary for 40 hours a week yet he works 65 hours a week. He should follow in her footsteps.

Comment

Working...
        X