This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
    If the diabetes is controlled or controlled well enough then the possibility of sudden loss of eyesight is highly unlikely. An appt. to see the opthalmologist could probably be postponed a month.

If the diabetes is wildly out-of-control then that lady has NO BUSINESS booking a vacation. If it's that out-of-control then eye problems are the least of that guy's worries. He'd be more likely to die of insulin shock/diabetic coma or ketoacidosis or complications of ketoacidosis (hyperosmolar non-ketotic coma or dehydration causing heart attack or renal failure.)
    Plus, any optometrist/opthamologist who is worth a damn has already told their diabetic (or any other high risk) patients to be aware of certain symptoms and what to do should they occur. For example, all patients that are high risk for a retinal detachment are told that if they experience a very sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes,(especially if there has been any recent trauma like a car accident or a blow to the head) to go to an urgent care or ER facility IMMEDIATELY to see an ophthalmologist on staff. If left untreated, a retinal detachment can cause permanent vision loss in only a few hours.

Although I do have to mention that LemonZest is correct, routine visits play a *huge* part in maintaining proper eye (and overall) health.
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

Working...
    X