Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't say the commercial itself makes people into SC's. I think marketing turns them into sc's.

If a commercial doesnt give all of the facts (even in the lil tiny print) and the customer goes to the store, or calls customer service to get said item, and finds out it comes with stipulations...all hell breaks loose.

For example, a true story. Red Lobster shows a commercial for a shrimp promotion. You get 30 pieces of shrimp for 15 bucks. You choose how you want them made. Hubby and I go to Red Lobster, hungry for shrimp. We are told, by the waiter, that the promotion started the next day.

Now, this could go 2 ways. We either throw a hissy fit, or order something else. Thankfully, we're adults and ordered something else. However, the people behind us saw the same commercial, and stomped around like 2 year olds. Not once in the commercial did it say when it would start.

So, I blame marketing.

Comment

I would say they do only because if you don't read the small print in some it will cause issues. the problem I think really goes towards phone companies who make special offers and if the customer doesn't pay attention to the commercial they call in gripping because they didn't get the offer or they assumed something.
      I like to scare small childeren, it's fun and as long as you can out run the parents you can get away with it.

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
        I've had to do this *once*

Luckily all the noisy stuff had already happened so I just turned into "Tosser on the phone in a cubicle"
        That's excusable, as the call happened to come in then and couldn't wait. I swear my stepdad (and the friend of mine who does this) would call people whilst on the throne just because he could.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth KamenRiderOsaka View Post

Now, this could go 2 ways. We either throw a hissy fit, or order something else. Thankfully, we're adults and ordered something else. However, the people behind us saw the same commercial, and stomped around like 2 year olds. Not once in the commercial did it say when it would start.
          Curious.....but do you remember if the people that threw the hissy fit ended up getting the promotion? I think SCs are defined by sucky managers. If they scream loud enough the manager will bow down and give them whatever they want.

Comment

I don't know about making an SC but an AC (annoying customer) I've had experience with.

When I worked at Chili's - they came out with that stupid commercial for their Baby Back Ribs - the singing one ----

I want my Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Back
            Chili's Baby Back Ribs...

I can't tell you how many people thought it was SOOOOOOOO freakin' funny to sing that when they came in. Oh yeah, AS IF I haven't heard that 5,000 freakin' times JUST TODAY!

The killer was when I was out for the evening and would meet someone and tell them I was working for Chili's and THEY'D sing the freakin' song!

GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post

When I worked at Chili's - they came out with that stupid commercial for their Baby Back Ribs - the singing one ----

Chili's Baby Back Ribs...

GAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great. Now this is stuck in my head again.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
                Curious.....but do you remember if the people that threw the hissy fit ended up getting the promotion? I think SCs are defined by sucky managers. If they scream loud enough the manager will bow down and give them whatever they want.
                I'm not entirely too sure. They came in not too long before we left, but I do know they demanded (not asked...DEMANDED) a manager. I agree with you though. A lot of managers, including where I work, will bow down to any customer who acts like a 2 year old.

Comment

There's a future shop ad here in Canada where an employee is shown reading a question apparently submitted by a customer.

Emp: Joe from Winnipeg writes "my hard drive just crashed with all my files on it, what can I do?" (smile) Don't worry, all you have to do is...

Then it cuts to a "special report" news cut in type deal where they plug whatever current sale on at the time, when it goes back to the rep he is saying:

"Just be sure and follow those four CRUCIAL steps and you'll get your files back! (smile)

Now this irritates me for two reasons: 1. recovering files from a crashed hard drive is a pain in the butt, even for someone who knows what he's doing. 2. I bet future shop reps were badgered by at least few customers demanding to know those "4 crucial steps"

Comment

There's one I've been seeing for one of the cell phone companies that shows the guy who works at the cell phone store just walking down the street, and a guy comes up to him and asks him all kinds of questions about their phones and plans. Which the employee happily answers.

It's commercials like that that tell SCs that it's okay to approach someone who they know works at a certain store, and ask him work-related questions whether the employee is on the clock or not.

Comment

What about the Haggar Pants commercial? How this has to do with pants, I have no idea, but some guy is walking out in his front yard talking to another guy. The guy asks where the cable guy is and the first man says "up on the roof" then proceeds to kick the ladder down so the cable guy is stuck on the roof.

Cable Guy: Hey! Let me down
                      Homeowner: Oh I will. Sometime between 8 and 5, but in reality, closer to 7:30.

Comment

OMG I just saw that one tonight too. I can't wait till some SC decides to be "funny" like that.

Thought at first it was an ad for Dish or something, then I realized it was an Haggar ad I was just shell shocked. WTF do frigging *pants* have to do with the cable company? Especially since there was just an incident where a tech was shot by a customer.

Even setting aside that, how is that a good ad for Haggar? "Wear our pants and you can be a smarmy douchebag too". That's certainly an image I'd want people to have of my company. Who the hell approves these things?

There's another one where the same two guys unleash a herd of goats on the yard of a neighbor who doesn't maintain his lawn. That was somewhat funny, and not nearly as mean spirited as the cable guy one.
                        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Sounds like you were also watching RAW tonight

HOLY CRAP! While I was replying I just saw another one for TMobile. A group of kids on their sidekicks cart racing down each asile of a grocery store knocking over displays!

Comment

Sounds like you were also watching RAW tonight
                            Indeed! *does Shane-O-Mac dance*

HOLY CRAP! While I was replying I just saw another one for TMobile. A group of kids on their sidekicks cart racing down each asile of a grocery store knocking over displays!
                            One of these days I'm going to start keeping track of how much SC behavior that gets documented here was shown in a commercial of some sort.
                            "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                              Indeed! *does Shane-O-Mac dance*
                              LOL! Not to threadjack but I need to make sure others share my hatred for Cena

I flew up to VA for a RAW in August of last year (The one at the University of VA where Edge invaded Cena's home and knocked his dad out--funny stuff). I was cheering Edge the entire time. Also when Hogan and Orton were in the ring, I was chanting "Shoot Randy Shoot" After the show my friend (Who works on the Indy curcuit) and I were driving back to his house and stopped at a gas station with a Bimpie inside. It was there that we met Edge! He was so freaking cool. I got to shake his hand and say "Great show" he smiled and thanked me. When I was clapping for him in the arena he gave me an *ahem* "F off" gesture, but after the show he was out of heel mode so he was nice

*end threadjack*

Comment

LOL! Not to threadjack but I need to make sure others share my hatred for Cena
                                I love booing Cena, I was at No Mercy last year when he faced Edge in Toronto. Oh man that was fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X