X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some random pet peeves of mine

Attention Bookstore Customers:

a) If you walk up to my counter and I can TASTE you; You. Need. A. Shower.

b) Alternately, if you're 5 minutes late but your perfume is right on time, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. The directions read "Spray a cloud and walk through it", not "Remove cap and pour contents on head." I've checked.

c) I always like it when you have cash. I understand when you need to pay for the pack of pens with a Visa (hell, I've done it), but cash is more fun.

d) No, I don't know if we have more of that in the back. Hell, I don't even know where "the back" is! Ask the department, please.

e) No, you can't jump the 20-person-deep line just because you only have a magazine and they have a bunch of textbooks. Does it say "Express Lane?" No. GET. IN. LINE. We move pretty quick.

e) It is not my fault that you don't know that Accounts Receivable has been close for a month, or that you don't understand the return policies. If you pay attention rather than whine, you might learn something.

...More later, maybe.
    Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
    {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

f) Do not place stuff you bought here a month ago on the counter with stuff you're buying today. I'm easily confused, and you're a poor college student. At least try to make it clear to me. Like, I don't know, say "These are mine, I'm buying those."

g) No, I have no idea why we see Oakley sunglasses here. No, I don't know why we're selling tiaras (this is true. We got them in today. Seriously, WTF?). No, I don't know why we don't sell stamps and phone cards. I'm not on a high enough pay scale to know. We just do(n't).
    Current Faith in Humanity Meter:
    {|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||}

Comment

I really hate it when people sneeze multiple times in quick succession. I don't know why it annoys me, but it does. I've been known to offer them a tissue and encourage them to blow their noses when they have a few seconds between explosions.

Now, normally I'm a tolerant person....well, actually, I'm not THAT tolerant, but I can usually ignore stuff if I know it's going to piss me off.

But the sneezing thing...forget it.
      Total surrender
      Your touch is so tender
      Your skin is like water on a burning beach
      And it brings me relief
      "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth MrDelirious View Post
        b) Alternately, if you're 5 minutes late but your perfume is right on time, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG. The directions read "Spray a cloud and walk through it", not "Remove cap and pour contents on head." I've checked.
        Usually the cloud is what they're doing wrong. Seriously, I've seen women teach it to each other. They spray like they're warding off demons, then jump into the cloud as quickly as possibly. If the chemicals don't make their eyes melt, they haven't sprayed enough and must start over.

If it's a light, airy sent, and you're fine with it covering your entirety, a light mist is fine. Otherwise, put a dab on your wrists and rub it behind your ears. Put some on your chest or ankles if it's going to be an eventful night.

The only reason this is hard to understand is that too many women are more willing to trust fugly or trampy friends over beauticians and people who advise on the subject for a living. >.<

(Can you tell it's my pet peeve, too?)
        The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Quoth napoleana View Post
          a light mist is fine. Otherwise, put a dab on your wrists and rub it behind your ears. Put some on your chest or ankles if it's going to be an eventful night.
          At the risk of Grandma/Sucking eggs etc Behind the knees too...

Smell is a very pervasive and invasive problem, not only is it present when you are, but it remains, unlike sight/sound, smell lingers, in both cases, take a shower

Stay Safe
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

b) Alternately, if you're 5 minutes late but your perfume is right on time, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
            My dad had a saying that I still use today.

A lot of cologne is no substitute for a little soap.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
              I really hate it when people sneeze multiple times in quick succession.
              You'd hate to be around me when I'm near something that sets me off. I almost never sneeze just once (and if I do I'm left feeling unfulfilled), and it's usually a barrage of 5 to 8.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Here's a new one; people with those long key chains that like to swing them around and around (and some are at least 1-2 feet long). I once saw a little girl came just a few INCHES of getting hit in the face with one of those ****ing things. Which is why now I always polietly ask anyone doing that to not do that because it can hit someone or something.

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post

My mum always said, "Perfume should whisper, not shout."
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

kids who wear their backpacks below their asses! I don't know why they think it looks cool! It makes them look like they're going to topple over backwards in my opinion, and is terrible for your back.

also it's tourist season in my town and I am just about to go on a mass killing spree. there are crosswalks for a reason, maybe if you weren't too busy taking pictures of ugly statues with the disposable camera you just fished out of your fanny pack you'd be able to see my freaking car! don't glare at me when I beep!

lol, I feel like we should have a "favorite things" thread to counteract the nastiness that's sure to come of this one.

Comment

Quoth Killer Bees View Post
                      I really hate it when people sneeze multiple times in quick succession. I don't know why it annoys me, but it does. I've been known to offer them a tissue and encourage them to blow their noses when they have a few seconds between explosions.

Now, normally I'm a tolerant person....well, actually, I'm not THAT tolerant, but I can usually ignore stuff if I know it's going to piss me off.

But the sneezing thing...forget it.
                      My mom hates it to... and she's the sneezer. She can't help it. Sorry
                      Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

I have a few coworkers, those angry old bitties to be exact, who are those stinkbomb people.

I sense part of their anger and hatred and bitterness comes from a certain level of starting to get really senile, and they aren't bathing. Whenever one comes near or is nearby, I can smell it. And it wreeks.

I'm so glad they hate me and won't come near me. My nose thanks them.

I hate stinky people.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth bigjimaz View Post

Let's be honest here. Who among us hasn't put off laundry day too long and had to resort to the least smelly shirt out of the hamper and cologne method.
                          Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

I don't get my anti-sneezing thing. It's not like I was involved in a sneezing accident as a youngster and am scarred to this day.

I usually only sneeze once. But if I sneeze twice or three times in a row (which is rare), I get mad at myself!!! Then I'm hunting for a tissue or a cotton bud (Q-tip) to try and get at the offending germs and stop them from attacking me again.

As for the perfume thing, my mum is like that. I lived with her just after my divorce a few years ago to save money. She had the biggest bedroom and her own bathroom and the townhouse we lived in was spacious. But every morning while she was getting ready, this awful stench came wafting through the place.

I would tell her off EVERY DAY for it and instructed her how to use perfume properly. But she never listened. She didn't understand that she didn't have to smell it for it to be noticeable.

To this day, I hate Elizabeth Taylor's White Diamonds.
                            Last edited by Killer Bees; 10-11-2007, 02:25 AM. Reason: Spelling errors
                            Total surrender
                            Your touch is so tender
                            Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                            And it brings me relief
                            "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Quoth Mark Healey View Post
                              Let's be honest here. Who among us hasn't put off laundry day too long and had to resort to the least smelly shirt out of the hamper and cologne method.
                              Guilty. Often because I waste time on here or I'm buried in homework.

I also don't see a need to wear cologne, to me it just gives most guys a false sense of confidence.
                              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Working...
                              X