This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC: How much does it cost for a room?
    Me: I don't know. The hotel is just next door...
    SC: But you're next door to a hotel. How can you not know how much it is?
    Me: Because I don't work there...
    Reminds me of a phone call I got once when I worked at Store1. They have a Starbucks attached to the store, but it is NOT a B&N cafe and we have nothing to do with them. I was covering a break in the music department but the phone had rung so many times I finally answered it. The person wanted to know the phone number for Starbucks. I did not know said phone number off the top of my head.

Me: "I'm sorry, I don't know their number....I'm sorry, I don't have a phone book handy."

SC: "But they're right next door to you. How can you not know their phone number?!"

Uh, because they're right next door and I don't have to call them...?

My question: If you were able to look up our number, why are you unable to look up their number?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

1 + 3 =

SC asks for four drinks. I make them.

Me: That will be £x.xx.
      SC: I asked for four drinks! Why have you only made three??
      Me: Sir...are you counting the drink in your hand?
      SC: Oh....

I hate that hotel Part Three

SC: How much does it cost for a room?
      Me: I don't know. The hotel is just next door...
      SC: But you're next door to a hotel. How can you not know how much it is?
      Me: Because I don't work there...

I'm not working! Leave me alone!

I finished my shift and got changed. A few of us decided to stay and have a few drinks to wind down. Now, I am sat in jeans, t-shirt, have my bag over my shoulder and have a beer in one hand.

SC: Excuse me. These fries are cold. I want new ones.
      Me: Oh...well I'm not actually working...if you go to the bar someone will sort you out.
      SC: Lazy, good for nothing....

She wandered off.

Can we say....Dee Dee Dee!**

**Bonus points if anybody gets this reference!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        Can we say....Dee Dee Dee!**

**Bonus points if anybody gets this reference!
        CARLOS MENCIA!
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

T
          I have NEVER had a race complaint in my bar. I've noticed that race complaints always seem to appear in the US, but rarely in stories from the UK.
          I've had occasional people try that on. My favourite was someone who claimed I wouldn't let him in the building when (a) we weren't open to the public, and (b) it was also outside office hours so all staff shifts had ended. Tried the "you won't let me in because I'm black" and I ended up just pointing at the opening times and saying that they applied to everyone.

(Same guy who tried to intimidate his way into the building - came pushing his way right up close chest bristling trying to make me back up so he could push in. As he approached at some point he must have become aware he was having to look up to look me in the face, and that he was about half a foot shorter than me. He kind of deflated, and backed off. Being mean I told him that wasn't good enough - first he left the porch, then the steps, and then I made him leave the property line completely...)

Me: No. That is your insecurity. I am now not going to serve you because you are rude.
          Perfect response !

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth Victoria J View Post
            Tried the "you won't let me in because I'm black" and I ended up just pointing at the opening times and saying that they applied to everyone.
            I refused entry to one chap in my security days who screamed at me that the only reason why I wouldn't let him was because he was black.

He was however as white as snow.

And ginger.

Nothing against those with ginger hair, merely using it to show just how white he was [/disclaimer]
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Real winners there. About steak lady I would have only sent back the steak if it tasted off too me, like too metalic. Which I have done before and got dissaporved looks from the waitress, but hey it wasn't like I ate half of it and then complained.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                Real winners there. About steak lady I would have only sent back the steak if it tasted off too me, like too metalic. Which I have done before and got dissaporved looks from the waitress, but hey it wasn't like I ate half of it and then complained.
                See, steak lady I can understand sending back if it's overcooked and asking for a new piece (though unless it was burned and inedible I personally wouldn't bother). Undercooked, I would simply ask that they toss it back on the grill for a few more minutes. I wouldn't expect a new piece of meat just because this one wasn't cooked enough. You can always cook more. You can't de-cook.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                  CARLOS MENCIA!
                  You are correct! *gives RetailWorkHorse a plate of cookies*
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                    I refused entry to one chap in my security days who screamed at me that the only reason why I wouldn't let him was because he was black.

He was however as white as snow.

And ginger.

I had a client once who kept complaining about how he was being persecuted and how he didn't feel safe on the streets because "of all those black people on the street". Client was black.

I can understand different specific backgrounds being racist to each other - if he'd been say Caribbean and complaining about "those African people" I wouldn't have been confused. But this just baffled me.

I wanted to ask what colour he thought he was - but even in a life time of asking questions most people wouldn't I just couldn't think of a way to do it.

People confuse me sometimes all the time

Victoria J

Comment

People confuse me sometimes all the time Victoria J
                      Join the club, Victoria. Your monogrammed jacket and business cards should be arrive within the week.

Seriously though, people make no sense. I know I sure as hell don't half the time, and despite trying to put myself in other people's shoes, I still never know what the hell is going on. And the mere mention of race seems to turn people from normal, everyday idiots, into a whole new breed.

And of course it's an american election year with potentially the first minority or female president about to be elected...I normally avoid all talk of politics like the plague, but political, racial, and sexism battles all at once?
                      Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                      --Unknown

Comment

I had a client once who kept complaining about how he was being persecuted and how he didn't feel safe on the streets because "of all those black people on the street". Client was black.

I can understand different specific backgrounds being racist to each other - if he'd been say Caribbean and complaining about "those African people" I wouldn't have been confused. But this just baffled me.

I wanted to ask what colour he thought he was - but even in a life time of asking questions most people wouldn't I just couldn't think of a way to do it.

People confuse me sometimes all the time

Victoria J
                        In some areas, black on black violence is far worst than black on white violence. A black person can be very justified in saying they are afraid of other black people.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          In some areas, black on black violence is far worst than black on white violence. A black person can be very justified in saying they are afraid of other black people.
                          True - but it still strikes me as weird to identify them as a group by that characteristic alone. That normally is only done by people outside a group.

Where he lived - I don't think that applied anyway. Some black on black gang violence between young men, and as I mentioned some animosity between different ethnic groups.

Mostly he was nuts I think. I base this conclusion on his believe that anyone outside his house was naturally watching him, and that he was being followed. Also that the "violence" would come in the form of psychic attacks that would make him faint...

Victoria J

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                            You are correct! *gives RetailWorkHorse a plate of cookies*
                            *starts humming dee dee dee song*

now give me some cookies too

Comment

There was a special kind of stupid in the air this weekend.
                              After reading these stories of the "geniuses" you've had to deal with, I'm inclined to agree with you.
                              I'm not working! Leave me alone!

I finished my shift and got changed. A few of us decided to stay and have a few drinks to wind down. Now, I am sat in jeans, t-shirt, have my bag over my shoulder and have a beer in one hand.

SC: Excuse me. These fries are cold. I want new ones.
                              Me: Oh...well I'm not actually working...if you go to the bar someone will sort you out.
                              SC: Lazy, good for nothing....

She wandered off.
                              And THIS is why Customers Suck needs to bring back the CS.Com T-shirts, especially the one that proudly proclaimed...
                              NO!

I DON'T
                              WORK HERE!!!
                              Many CSers that are fortunate enough to own said shirts change into them as soon as their shift is over... lucky bastiches!
                              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                              --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                                Customers Suck needs to bring back the CS.Com T-shirts,
                                I knew I should have bought one when I had the chance...
                                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Working...
                                X