Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 01-14-2021, 12:15 PM
The Hero CS Deserves

I've pretty much had a constant semi-stuffy nose and loss of taste for decades, plus aches and pains for the most recent of those decades. I tend to just answer the "Do you have these symptoms?" questionnaires with "Well, do you mean any NEW aches and pains? No."
"If someone feels the need to tell you how intelligent (or honest, etc) they are, it means that, somewhere deep down inside, they know that their words and actions would never give anyone the impression that they ARE intelligent." - me
Acts of Gord Read it, Learn it, Love it!
"Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read" - me
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 01-14-2021, 10:42 PM
Resident dyheli wrangler...

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
I've pretty much had a constant semi-stuffy nose and loss of taste for decades, plus aches and pains for the most recent of those decades. I tend to just answer the "Do you have these symptoms?" questionnaires with "Well, do you mean any NEW aches and pains? No."
The laser therapy place I go to has made it clear in their covid questionnaire that they are referring to NEW symptoms and not something that has been ongoing for years.

Old 01-15-2021, 01:33 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

Update for our state: All doses currently in stock have been reserved; no new signups allowed for now, though people who have Dose 1 will be able to get Dose 2. Everyone else has to wait a month or so for more to arrive.
"If someone feels the need to tell you how intelligent (or honest, etc) they are, it means that, somewhere deep down inside, they know that their words and actions would never give anyone the impression that they ARE intelligent." - me
"Good men don't need rules; today is not the day to find out why I have so many." - The Doctor
"[Friendship,] like philosophy, like art, like the universe itself has no survival value; rather it is one of those things which give value to survival. ~ C. S. Lewis

Old 01-15-2021, 02:15 AM
Assistant Manager

With the third vaccine about to be submitted for approval (with more on the way,) the supply will hopefully start to catch up to the need.

Old 01-15-2021, 03:23 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Quoth notalwaysright View Post
I'm not normally a hypochondriac, and I don't get sick very often. In fact, since the pandemic, not once. Until last week. Very mildly sick. Low fever, cough, sinus headache, runny nose. Many of the symptoms, but not too bad. If the the world was sane, I wouldn't have thought much of it.
A few weeks back, I felt some common cold symptoms setting in (mostly that back-of-the-throat "raw sinuses" feeling), and attacked it with my usual method of downing a few gallons' worth of chicken noodle soup and Sunny D, and inside of four days, could feel it receding. No loss of smell or taste during that brief period, so I didn't panic.

Old 01-16-2021, 01:30 AM
Loanshark IT

Quote:
Quoth Arcus View Post
With the third vaccine about to be submitted for approval (with more on the way,) the supply will hopefully start to catch up to the need.
Around here, we have vaccine. They're have problems distributing it. The SCs are also causing problems. They are making multiple reservations (it is managed by the counties, but you don't have to register in your own county) and going to who ever provides the first appointment. One location claimed an 80% no-show. Once the vaccine is thawed, you have eight hours to use it, They were scrambling to find people to vaccinate.

Old 01-16-2021, 01:51 AM
The Hero CS Deserves

cs - That's fucked up. Can't really comment further, as that would be fratchy

Old 01-17-2021, 04:45 AM
Philosophical Tomato

Quote:
Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
A few weeks back, I felt some common cold symptoms setting in (mostly that back-of-the-throat "raw sinuses" feeling)
I had some 'migraines' over the summer...that have vanished completely once we moved into our new place (a lot of construction dust was getting into our old apartment, and who the hell knows what was in the ancient drywall that was being ripped out). I'll get the occasional back-of-the-throat rawness, but I've pinned that down to having my face covered all day (dry mouth etc). Got myself a bag of manuka honey lozenges which do the trick.

cs--That sounds like how my dad managed to get his vaccine. He had to go to the next county, but the school he coaches fencing at wound up with extra doses that had to be used that day.

Last edited by Dreamstalker; 01-17-2021 at 04:47 AM.

Old 01-20-2021, 01:19 AM
I need a life

I've had the raw throat thing on and off for 9 months. It's an allergy thing. I'm also chronic migrainer.

Someone posted a link to this on Twitter and I just sat through all 38 minutes reflecting and posting and reading others' thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdWJ...ature=youtu.be