Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubby once psyched out a crank calling kid. I think he might have scared the kid into reconsidering his choice of hobby.

D = dumb kid
    H = hubby

D: Is your refrigerator running?
    H: No.
    D: umm...
    H: I have Caller ID. I know where you are.
    D: hurriedly hangs up
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I get prank calls all the time. Mostly, I just ignore them, but yesterday, I got back at them.

DK: (dumb kid)
      Me: (well, obvious)

DK: Hello?
      Me: Yes?
      DK: Do you have pigs feet in a jar?
      Me: Yes.
      DK: Well, how are they supposed to walk then? (giggles insanely)
      Me: Could I ask a couple questions? Just for a survey?
      DK: (uncertainly) Ok?
      Me: Are you Irish?
      DK: No.
      Me: Are you Swedish?
      Me: Are you Danish?
      Me: Are you Finnish?
      Me: I am. Good-bye. (hangs up)

Geez, it's kids like him that make me want to inhale all of the oxygen I can and let out a big Ghostly Wail onto the city.
      "But I don't want to be among mad people."
      You can't help that. We're all mad here. Every fucking one of us.

Comment

I'm surprised that people bother making prank calls, now that Caller ID is pretty much everywhere. And worse yet, they make the same tired old jokes that are older than I am.

Quoth Enjis View Post
        Caller: Well, I am especially big, so I need to know how big the 'pouch' on the thong is...!
        My wife used to work at a drugstore, and had a call like that once. The guy called in about condoms, specifically ones for "over 12 inches."

To this day, she swears that it was one of our friends playing a prank. All I know is it wasn't me (I'd never be able to keep from cracking up), and I knew nothing about it until she told me about it.

She passed the call onto one of her coworkers, who proceeded to have a little fun with the guy, telling him she wasn't sure what he needed, but if he came in, she'd help him measure it for the best possible fit. From what she told me, he didn't stay on for long after that.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Yeah. You'd think they'd figure out to at least block their numbers.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I do think the best crank call I've heard of is to have several people call up asking for [insert sufficiently unlikely name here]. Finally, have someone call up and say, "This is [isunh]. Did I get any calls?"

Comment

Working...
            X