This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
    I like you slice and dice, I really do. Especially your penchant for passionate misspellings that add syllables.
    I second that. I really enjoy your posts, enough so that I'm not quite sorry that you have to put up with these people so that you'll have more to write about!
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Funny, I was actually feeling broody last night. I don't think TTO and I will ever have kids tho - long story short, I have a good chance of having a Rhett's Syndrome baby if it's a girl (like my sister was), we both had near deadly asthma as kids etc etc.
      Still, tho, I could never imagine allowing my children to run amok like that. Shoot, I bet a small percentage of the kids who have ADHD could better control their condition if they cut down on processed foods and sugars. I know that when I have a lot of sugar in my system, I get VERY hyper.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

What's Rhett's Syndrome?
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          What's Rhett's Syndrome?

Rett Syndrome (RS) is a neurological disorder discovered by Dr. Andreas Rett of
          Rett Syndrome
          Austria in 1966. It is often mis-diagnosed as a form of autism or developmental delay.
          Rett Syndrome (RS) is a complex neurological disorder, genetic in origin. A
          developmental disorder, which is mainly found in girls and present at birth, becomes
          more apparent during the second year
          http://www.brighttots.com/Rett_Syndrome.html
          You can PM me for more info if you like.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth KamenRiderOsaka View Post

My cousin had ADHD too. I think his parents quietly put him on ritalin, but they also enrolled him in Tae Kwon Do. The kid was already way hyper, I can only imagine how he was after he learned new moves. I asked my uncle, plainly "Why did you put him in TKD? He's just gonna hurt someone!" And he said "Its so he has a place to direct his energy." I can only imagine how many kid he hurt from that...
            Your uncle is a very wise man.

Tae Kon Do equals discipline and direction. Little girls are miniature human beings. Little boys are wild men on a small scale. Without discipline and direction he will hurt somebody. You can either drug him into somnambulance, or give him a structured environment where he can put that energy into focus.

It's Tae Kwon Do, not Assassin School.
            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Retts is a disease that primarily affects girls.

And im... going to blush in the corner

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                I'm nineteen, I look twenty-four, I work at a burger joint and my most annoying customers are teenagers. Always dressed like idiots, listen, if you want to be nonconformists, do as I do: DRESS HOW NO ONE ELSE DRESSES. Don't just dress the same as a bunch of people whom call themselves nonconformists.
                This reminded me of part of a South Park episode.....

[Loading dock at South Park Elementary, day. Stan walks over and finds the Goths there, as usual. Henrietta reads a book]
                Stan: Hey guys. Uh. You guys know how to dance, right?
                Tall Goth: [with cigarette] Of course we know how to dance.
                Stan: Cool, because, there's this competition on Saturday, and I have to find the very best dancers in South Park to be on my crew. My friends can't do it because they suck ass, so, will you be in my dance troupe?
                Red Goth: Dance troupe? Please. [leans to one side and whips his hair back into place] We don't dance like those Britney and Justin wannabes at school. [whips his hair back into place] Goth kids dance to express pain and suffering.
                Tall Goth: Yeah. [stands up] The only cool way to dance is to keep your hands at your sides and your eyes looking at the ground. Then every three seconds you take a drag from your cigarette. [leans his head to the right for two beats, leans it to the left for two beats, leans it to the right for two beats while taking a drag, leans it to the left for two beats, repeats. The red Goth follows suit, then all four Goths dance the same way]
                Stan: Okay, that'll work fine. Listen, there's a dance competition this Saturday and I need good dancers so I don't get served.
                Red Goth: [flips his hair back] No way. Dancing is something you do alone in your room at three in the morning.
                Stan: [walks up to the red Goth] Please, you guys, our whole town's reputation is at stake! Will any of you do it?
                Red Goth: I'm not doin' it. Being in a dance group is totally conformist.
                Henrietta: Yeah. I'm not conforming to some dance-off regulations.
                Little Goth: I'm not doin' it either. I'm the biggest nonconformist of all.
                Tall Goth: I'm such a nonconformist that I'm not going to conform with the rest of you. Okay, I'll do it. [rises and walks over to Stan]
                Stan: Great! [they leave together]
                Henrietta: Whoa. I think we just got put in our place.
                Red Goth: Yeah. We just got Goth-served.

Comment

Weirdest kid, today.. mom comes in hurridly with kid in two, crying like a.. cry baby, shouting how he doesn't want batteries.

...okay. Ah, speaking of Gothic subculturystuff, I need to go repaint my nails blood red. Which is less a blood red and more a metallic, candy apple red. Pretty Goth!! ^_^
                  "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                    Little girls are miniature human beings. Little boys are wild men on a small scale.

Stuff like this makes me want to rend things...

Little girls and little boys are almost completely and utterly identical mentally until adults start telling them they're not.

... if I hear, one more time, about "boys will be boys" ....

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      Little girls and little boys are almost completely and utterly identical mentally until adults start telling them they're not.
                      What? No. No they're not. I have no idea where that strange idea came from, probably pop psycologists in the seventies. We've grown out of it since then. Men and women are different. We think differently. We're under the control of two completely different sets of hormones. There's a reason the little girl picks up a doll and the little boy picks up a toy gun.
                      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                        What? No. No they're not. I have no idea where that strange idea came from, probably pop psycologists in the seventies. We've grown out of it since then. Men and women are different. We think differently. We're under the control of two completely different sets of hormones. There's a reason the little girl picks up a doll and the little boy picks up a toy gun.

Then I guess my brain's out of whack...

I always fought with the boys so I could access their spiffy Tonka Trucks and my barbies suffered at the hands of the CAT mafia. I enjoyed being the cop who tried to figure out why Barbie had been decapitated and her body stashed in the microwave.

My parents knew to buy me the cowboy toys than a doll any day.

And my mother knew better than to put me in a dress.

You know, now that I think about it, I can see why my mother was that I was a lesbian and was relieved when she met my fiance.
                        "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I thought that they were identical, too, Andara, BUT....

I have 2 boys and a girl, I've raised them all the same, never influenced them as far as anything sexist, but they are very inherently different in behavior and play. My daughter decided she likes dollies, now I know this doesn't come from me, I think dolls are creepy. But she's a nurturer. She's also motherly with a penchant for kicking ass when her two older brothers start picking on her.

I had wondered if she picked this up from TV, but I limit my kids' viewing and keep an eye on what they watch, so I'm not sure. From day one its been about dolls and dresses and pink, and I don't know where she got it, its not like I ever have a reason or a chance to dress up and go anywhere, and I hate pink.

And the boys like watching the history channel and anything about cars or machines. They get into my tools and take their toys apart, and their sister's, unfortunately. And the closest she gets to putting them back together is putting bandaids on everything.

There have been marked differences in my children from the day they were born, and I had the boys first, so my daughter's differences were even more noticable. Hell, they even breastfed differently, reacted differently when they were dirty (my daughter would scream like a banchee at even a little wet), they even went for different toys when you would lay them out in front of them. All of my kids' first toys were in basic primary colors, and my sons would play with completely different toys that my daughter picked out (and those toys went through all three kids).

I'm not saying you can't influence your children to behave a certain way starting when they're very little, hell look at Paris Hilton. I'm freaking out cause my 3 yr old daughter is all about pink and butterflies and ponies and kitties and princesses. (I don't even let em watch Disney).

I'm just trying to ride it out and hoping I can nip the extra prissy whiney behavior in the bud, there's no way I want a butthurt whiner entitlement whore for a daughter.

She does growl at strangers though, and we don't have a dog......

And Angeliic, I stole my brother's toys and decapitated my barbies, too. hehehe

I guess what I'm saying is that the sexes DO have inherent differences at birth, but on different levels. I may be a tomboy, but I'm still a mother and quite feminine when I want to be. My daughter's just going to be more girly than I was.
                          Last edited by zzapp the witch; 06-11-2007, 08:49 PM.
                          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Oh, and something my dad told us kids when we were quite a bit younger:

Girls will be girls, and boys will be boys, but that's no excuse for being an asshole.
                            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Stuff like this makes me want to rend things...

... if I hear, one more time, about "boys will be boys" ....

^-.-^
                              Right with you sister,
                              And for those of you who want to say different-
                              When we are born little boys are actually 'weaker' than girls but you aren't treated that way.
                              They have done experiments and proven that its sociaty that makes us think Boys will be Boys.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                                They have done experiments and proven that its sociaty that makes us think Boys will be Boys.
                                WHO has done experiments? Stop saying things like that! CITE YOUR CLAIMS. And I never bloody said anything about weaker sexes! I said DIFFERENT.
                                You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Working...
                                X