This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Sunday Guests

To start off with we have this asshat lady who comes into the breakfast room with her family. They leave a huge mess the husband is overheard telling his wife they need to clean up their mess. The wife replies that they paid for the right to leave the mess.

We then have these two couples who reserved via the internet. When they called to confirm they were told the suite that they reserved had one bed and a pullout sofa. They show up and are shocked apparently the suite had one bed and a pullout sofa (go figure) and that wouldn't suit them. So they are offered two kings but they say no they'll take a suite and a king. So they go into the rooms and I overhear the lady say "I don't wanna disturb the front desk" Oh god famous last words. Turns out they want the two kings after all. This all took place in the span of 20 minutes. It's called thinking it over and making an informed decision instead of making us run around.

And then there was the woman who pulled me aside to brag about cleaning up her own room for fifteen minutes. On and on she complimented herself about how neat she left her room. Hon, I saw that room and if that's your idea of cleaning up I pity you. Talk about pigsty central.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Hmph, atleast Han Solo left a big tip whenever he made a mess...
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

I did

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
      Hmph, atleast Han Solo left a big tip whenever he made a mess...
      I left a bad mess at a Hampton Hotel two months ago. I knew it was going to be extra work for whoever came to fix up the room so I left a $10 tip at the front desk to be given to the cleaner. I hope they got it.

Reason I did not leave it in the room. My mother who I was traveling with is one of those SCs, she figures it is their job regardless and would never leave a tip. If I left the money in the room she would have found it checking nothing was left behind and is just as likely to keep it for herself than returning it to me.

Comment

I grew up at the resort that my parents owned and have cleaned many a cabin in my 30+ years. The neatest guests, hands down, are single men staying on their own (guys who come down to hunt and fish; the area's a big outdoor recreation spot). Had one guy that used to actually strip his own bed, fold his dirty linens and towels, and stack them on the table!
        The messiest guests -- the ones that consistently leave their cabins absolutely trashed -- are men who come down with their wives. I guess the wives figure they're on vacation, someone's gonna clean up after them for a change. College students (both genders) run a close second.

Comment

OMG, college students are horrendous! I have seen these apartments after people move out, and they are *so nasty*. My roommates and I cleaned our apartment during the year. Bathrooms got done once a week, and the rest of the place got done once a month or more if it got really gross. We didn't host parties, so no craziness there. But it sucks telling the student, right in front of their parent, that they are going to get charged for cleaning because they didn't do it before they left. The parents get all up on my butt for that one. "What do you mean we have to pay? Well the other roommates didn't help! My child didn't know he had to clean! How much is it going to be! This is outrageous. I'm not paying!!!"

STFU, Mom and Dad. Your precious little angel helped make the mess. Yeah, it's not fair that the other roomies left without cleaning, but that's too bad for you. Maybe you should teach your kid how to mop a floor or scrub a toilet. Won't kill them. Maybe if they had cleaned during the year, it wouldn't look like the dirt pit it is. I mean seriously. Those buildings were open for their second year, and they were dirtier than the dorms that have been here since the 50's.
          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
          The Office

Comment

I can't stand leaving a messy hotel room. I would be mortified to leave anything more than a messy bed, and towels on the bathroom floor. I act like a guest when I'm a guest.

I'm incredibly neat with my dishes when I go out to eat, too. No crumbs on the table, dishes stacked neatly if there are a lot of them. The way some people are, it makes me want to go over to their table and show them how to not be slobs.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Chantilly View Post
              The neatest guests, hands down, are single men staying on their own The messiest guests -- the ones that consistently leave their cabins absolutely trashed -- are men who come down with their wives. I guess the wives figure they're on vacation, someone's gonna clean up after them for a change. College students (both genders) run a close second.
              True True. We'll have guys come up on business and leave some of the neatest rooms ever. But heaven help us if their wives came up to join them. Not only are the rooms trashed but a majority of these women are so demanding. We had a woman demand that we swap the T.V. in her bedroom for another one because it was too "small" All the bedroom televisions are the same size and we not giving her one of the larger living room sizes.
              My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

I lived in senior housing my last year of college (on-campus townhouses) and we had to pay a deposit just like a real apartment. We cleaned every week, though. There are 4 people in each 2 bedroom apartment, so we split the cleaning between the rooms, and alternated bathroom and kitchen/living room. Except we had 2 sinks and 2 showers (which we also split by bedroom for storage purposes) so we each cleaned our own, and we each did our own dishes. Every Saturday we went grocery shopping after brunch and then spent a half hour cleaning up and voila...nice clean place to live! Amazing, huh?

If I had racked up some damages beyond the deposit, my parents would have made me pay it (or pay them back). I was 21 by then...certainly old enough to know not to destroy a place that doesn't belong to me. The only damages we had were from the double sided foam tape my roommate used to put up her bulletin board which ripped off a strip of the wall when she took it down. She made sure to tell the housing people that it should be taken out of her deposit and not mine. Hey, responsibility! Who knew college kids could have that?!

I won't go so far as to strip the bed in a hotel, but I do pull up the sheets and smooth them out so they look neat, and I always fold the towels neatly on the counter or on the back of the toilet before I leave.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 06-12-2007, 01:11 AM.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  She made sure to tell the housing people that it should be taken out of her deposit and not mine. Hey, responsibility! Who knew college kids could have that?!
                  As someone (can't remember who) said on another thread, responsibility is a major difference between college kids and college students. Your roommate was definitely a college student.
                  I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    If I had racked up some damages beyond the deposit, my parents would have made me pay it (or pay them back). I was 21 by then...certainly old enough to know not to destroy a place that doesn't belong to me. The only damages we had were from the double sided foam tape my roommate used to put up her bulletin board which ripped off a strip of the wall when she took it down. She made sure to tell the housing people that it should be taken out of her deposit and not mine. Hey, responsibility! Who knew college kids could have that?!
                    You, my friend, have great parents. They taught you "responsibility for your own actions". It's a really tough concept for a lot of college kids to grasp, hence why Mummy and Daddy need to fight their battles for them. Hence why they get so defensive when I tell them that they have to pay to get their apartment cleaned.
                    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                    The Office

Comment

Yea. I was a college student, too. My roomie and I cleaned up our room right nice before we moved out, and even put the furniture back where it started (like we are all supposed to). The only damages to our room was a screw hole in the cinderblock where we had to put a shelf for the computer printer. But since the computer, printer and shelf were mine, I made sure it came out of MY deposit.

My BF and I also make sure to leave our hotel room neat. Just because we are guests doesn't mean we have an excuse to trash the place. That is just gross and horrible. We will leave the used towels on the bathroom floor (in one place, in one pile) and we don't fix up the sheets...but we never leave trash around, and we don't "dirty" anything. His sister used to be a housekeeper for a hotel, and I can't believe the things people do to their rooms...I would be embarrassed to leave my hotel room a pig's sty! And, what I also don't understand, is that they HAVE YOUR NAME WHEN YOU RESERVE A ROOM! Do you really want the hotel staff associating that disgusting mess with...YOUR NAME?! It's not like your anonymous! Shit, I don't understand people...

The one time we stayed with some friends of ours...they TRASHED the hotel. (we were sleeping when they did it, and got rudely awaked the next morning to "we need to out of here"s)

Needless to say, I am not friends with those people anymore.

So yea, college KIDS are the worst!!!
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        I can't stand leaving a messy hotel room. I would be mortified to leave anything more than a messy bed, and towels on the bathroom floor. I act like a guest when I'm a guest.

I'm incredibly neat with my dishes when I go out to eat, too. No crumbs on the table, dishes stacked neatly if there are a lot of them.
                        I guess we were taught well by our parents, because I'm the same way.

Hotel/Motel--

Garbage, such as it is? In the nicely provided garbage cans.

Used towels? Folded neatly AWAY from the unused ones.

Bedding? As neat as I can make it.

Restaurant--

Dishes? Stacked neatly, if possible.

Napkin? Folded neatly atop dishes.

Cutlery? Piled neatly under the napkin.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                        X