This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exception vs. The Rule

This is a discussion that's fairly typical only the names will change. One of our reps was talking to a customer who demanded a manager.

CS = Customer
    Me = Duh
    RC = Rep

Me: How can I help you?
    CS: Okay, well to start you can look at my record I've been a customer for 4 years...
    Me:
    CS: I have 3 lines with you guys and I spend almost a hundred dollars a month and I've been having nothing but problems with you guys...
    Me:
    CS: I want to upgrade my phone, I hate this one...
    Me: What's the problem with it?
    CS: I just want a new one and he [points to the RC] says I can't get a full discount maybe you can help him.
    Me: Well I see from your rebate status you don't qualify for the full discount until January right now we can offer you $75 off a new phone.
    CS: I want the ***** how much would that cost me?
    Me: $225 + tax with a new 2 year agreement on your line.
    CS: Thats ridiculous it must be a mistake.
    Me: [It takes me less than 2 minutes of research to have conclusive evidence that the rebate is correct and he's SOL] I'm sorry that's what you currently qualify for, I double checked myself.
    CS: I want a new phone this one sucks are you saying you won't help me?
    Me: If there is an issue with the phone since you have the service plan our technicians can check out the phone free of charge and they can fix it if they identify an issue.
    CS: I want a different phone though.
    Me: Then you can purchase one.
    CS: Look, it's only a few months away -
    Me: Actually it's 5 months away.
    CS: You're the manager can't you make an exception for a loyal customer?
    Me: Unfortunately I see situations like this very often, if I make an exception for you I have to make an exception for everyone who walks through the door.
    CS: So maybe you should make one.
    Me: If I do that it's no longer an exception it's just "the way".
    CS: Thats stupid, you're stupid. I want your card! You're going to loose a customer over this I'll go to *****. You're out of a job buddy!
    RC: *Giggles*
    CS: What the hell is he laughing at?
    Me: He's just laughing because I've heard that twice already this week.
    CS: This is bad customer service.
    Me: You have a lovely day.

3 lines for less than $100/month? He thinks that impresses me? That's WAY below average.
    Last edited by Talonetc; 08-04-2007, 02:30 PM.
    Superman wears Tim Tebow pajamas.

CS: Thats stupid, you're stupid. I want your card! You're going to loose a customer over this I'll go to *****. You're out of a job buddy!
    What, do they think you were hired solely to take care of their one account?

Oh, yeah, stupid question...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Talonetc View Post
      3 lines for less than $100/month? He thinks that impresses me? That's WAY below average.
      Shoot, I have four lines and pay more than he does, and I have the common sense to know that my account is tiny small potatoes. Oh wait, that's because I'm not an SC, I forgot about that.

Comment

Working...
      X