Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which type of register customer is the worst?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which type of register customer is the worst?

which type of register customer irks you the most?
    The "I'm not really ready to buy these - let me think" SC
    11.61%
    The "throw the payment at you" SC
    13.84%
    The "I'm not done shopping, but I'll hold your line up" SC
    14.73%
    The SC on cell phone that gets pissed that you need to talk to them
    19.64%
    The "argue every price despite obvious price tags" SC
    17.41%
    The "I don't know where my money is" SC
    6.70%
    The "bitch at you b/c the line is long in order to make the line longer" SC
    11.16%
    The "I have 1000 coupons and want to pay with check" SC
    4.91%
    Last edited by Luna; 08-01-2007, 06:44 AM.
    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

You forgot the "Set the money on the belt and watch as it disappears" SC.

Or the "You're not bagging them right" SC

Or the "Bitchy when I shortchange you but silent when I give you back too much" SC.

Or the "Don't tell my kids what to do because I have no idea how to parent" SC.

Or the "I have 63 cats and stink like crazy" SC.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

Oh, it was multiple choice. Oh well. I stand by my vote.

I was on register today instead of at the service desk, and had back-to-back customers who just had to debate every item. Two sisters, had to re-check every item they had, dicsuss which one would pay for it, ask me for a price check, re-discuss, then finally either add it to the belt or move on to the next item. When the first sister was done, they REPEATED THE DISCUSSION for the second sister--including items the first sister didn't take!

Then there was the woman who let me ring up everything, then stood there debating whether to buy a shirt, holding it up to look at and everything, for a full minute before deciding she didn't want it.

I could go on, but I don't really want to. I had SO MANY of that flavor of SC today! It's not like I have a SPEED SCORE or anything I have to worry about. Just, you know, take your time, and don't worry about that irritated look I've got on my face, that surely doesn't mean you...
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

"Set the money on the belt and watch as it disappears" SC.

My god that happens all the time and once it's gone, it's gone i can't get the money back and then the bitch fest starts.

I now can move like lightning and switch the belt off before it happens grrrr

Comment

A multiple selection poll, very fitting, as all of those grate on me evenly.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Yes, the cell phone people irritate me the most, because not only are they ignoring the fact that anyone else exists, but they are also usually talking so loudly that everyone around them can hear the entire conversation. Nay, everyone in the store can hear the entire conversation. Double irritation points if they are using the walky talky feature at full blast.
            Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
            Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
            The Office

Comment

Good thing that was multiple choice...most of those listed annoy me.

I'm pretty patient overall, though. I have to be in a really bad mood for my facial expression or tone to even impart my true level of agitation.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Cell phone people bother me most because I don't like being treated like I'm invisible. Then again, if there's no line I'll just stand there and stare at them and exchange glances with my other cashier. It amuses me. People who hold up the line (for whatever reason) are my second choice, especially if they are holding it up to complain about how long they had to wait.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

All of those are irritating and I'd never be able to pick one if I were still at a register. Since my dealings with the register are as a customer my vote went to "can't find money" because it is by far the one that drives me the most insane. These people who can't grasp the concept of our economic system where goods are exchanged for monetary payment. It takes a total being read off to them to click in that payment is expected, then of course they have no idea where the hidden money is
                  D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
                  Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

My votes go to:
                    1. The "throw the payment at you" SC (I just set the change on the counter or make them reach for it because I just happen to be busy and can't be bothered to hand it to them either.)
                    2. The SC on cell phone that gets pissed that you need to talk to them (If your call is that important, then you really don't need to be at my counter, anyway. Be gone!)

As for the following, I just bypass them and start waiting on the next customer.
                    1. The "I'm not really ready to buy these - let me think" SC (Okay, take your time. Who's next in line?)
                    2. The "I'm not done shopping, but I'll hold your line up" SC (You move out of line, you lose your place unless a customer in line is feeling generous. I'm not waiting for you to make up your mind).
                    3. The "argue every price despite obvious price tags" SC (If the price tag is posted, then any other argument is irrelevant. Take it or leave it.)
                    4. The "I don't know where my money is" SC (Go look for it, and come back when you've found it. I don't have time to wait.)
                    The "bitch at you b/c the line is long in order to make the line longer" SC (Go elsewhere then. I can suggest a few places for you to go.)

This one never really bothered me. I get paid by the hour. What do I care?
                    1. The "I have 1000 coupons and want to pay with check" SC (I suggest you run before the lynch mob gets you. As for me, I'll be selling tickets to your hanging.)
                    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

The ones that argue over price despite the marked price being quite clear to them.

Comment

You forgot the ones who read a sign that says "[brand] [items] on sale" and assume everything from that brand is on sale.

Or, better yet, miss/mr. last week's sale. Argh....
                        6/16/2008: Best. Day. Ever.

Things I've Learned: Birth is not a miracle, it's a science, and science is damned disgusting. It's also really, really, cool.

Comment

You left out another customer type that irks me...the type who buy about 200 or 300 bucks worth of groceries, which is usually more than they can afford (It's usually the food stamp folks who do this). Then once they realize they can't afford it all, they hold up the line to start pulling random items out of the bags, "Take this off, take this off, take this off...where's the total at now?...ok...take this off too...take this off, take this off...where's the total at?...ok, take this off..." Then you have to get a key override from the inattentive supervisor, because you voided off too much stuff.

Why do people do this? Why do they feel other people have to suffer for their laziness? Why?

Comment

"I'm not done shopping, but I'll hold your line up"

That's the one that popped up at me, for now.

Too bad I didn't realize it was multiple choice. I feel like a non-reading SC.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Quickdraw View Post
                              the type who buy about 200 or 300 bucks worth of groceries, which is usually more than they can afford (It's usually the food stamp folks who do this). Then once they realize they can't afford it all, they hold up the line to start pulling random items out of the bags.
                              Similarly, WIC drives me nuts. It's slow, anyway, but when they stand there and argue with the checker over what is allowed and what isn't, I want to f***ing scream, "It's free! Take it!"

Some of these women, you can tell, are financially having a hard time, and I'm happy my tax dollars are helping them out, and they're usually the nice ones. The one's who are obviously ripping off the system (better clothes, better car, better phone than me) are the ones who make the biggest stink.
                              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                              HR believes the first person in the door
                              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                              Document everything
                              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                              X