Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked in a Physical Therapy department for two years, and every once in a while someone would bring in crutches that they'd had for years. We were always having to order crutches because they'd be passed out to patients, and then we'd never see them again. Most people who had to use crutches on a chronic basis, like WishfulSpirit's Hubby and his cane, would buy their own. We only passed out the more specialized crutches, like the platform crutches for use when a patient has a broken arm in addition to leg issues, to active duty military personnel since this was in a military hospital.

Comment

I was in a cafe one day for lunch when I overheard the waitresses talking about a funny parcel that was in the lost and found - a bag with three shoe boxes, each box containing two right shoes. They were wondering what the customer thought when they got home and found their other three shoe boxes containing only left shoes. It made me think of my cousin so I texted her about it.
      The look on their faces when a half hour later my one-legged cousin came in inquiring about a parcel she left the day before with shoes in it was hilarious.
      (One of the local shoe stores received women's display shoes that were always size 8 right foot, which is the size my cousin was. Whenever they changed the display they would give her the display shoes for free, and that was what she had picked up the day before.)
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
        ... my one-legged cousin came in inquiring about a parcel she left the day before with shoes in it...
        What a way to ruin a perfect perplexion!
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I can't go into details, but as an official for a government agency, I got a search warrant to go into a back yard to look for, and seize Stuff. I had to have a sworn peace officer accompany me, so the local police dept. dispatched Officer Friendly.

We show up, no one is home, and Officer Friendly assists me to cut the lock on the gate. Yes, indeedy, there is Stuff in the yard and I dispatch my employees to collect it all. There is also a lovingly tended garden of marijuana plants, completely illegal in that jurisdiction. Officer Friendly pulls up all the plants and leaves his business card prominently displayed on the planter. "An illegal seizure, because it's not on the search warrant," he tells me with a grin. "They have every right to call and complain that I illegally took their illegal dope, and demand it back." He took the plants; I took the Stuff.

The warrant required me to report back to the judge about what was taken. I not only had to detail the Stuff, but describe and enumerate all those plants, which was a pain. (Officer Friendly was an honorable sort, and the plants were destroyed.)

For some strange reason, no complaint was ever made about the illegal seizure.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            If Nathan Brazil shows up, it's the end of the world! (Again!)
            I see we have another Jack Chalker (may he rest in peace) fan aboard.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
            X