X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beam Me Up, Scotty

A snippet from yesterday:

(I work tech support for satellite tv):

An fussy elderly woman calls up yesterday..."my local channels aren't working and there's a message on my screen that says no need to call!"
    me: .....

After several minutes of me explaining to her that the local channels are out and we're working on it she complains that her satellite signal goes out whenever it there's a bad storm. After several more minutes of fruitless convo while I try to explain satellite interference to her she asks: "well, where does my satellite signal come from?"

me: Space.

SC: Is that in my county?

*headdesk*

Quoth mysticgirl5 View Post
    "well, where does my satellite signal come from?"

*headdesk*
    Ok I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from saying seriously???? did you hear what you just said about space? The stuff that's around our planet and beyond?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I think there should be a test before people can get satellite tv!!!I can't count the number of people who call stating there is no need to call we know there is a problem.

Comment

After several minutes of me explaining to her that the local channels are out and we're working on it she complains that her satellite signal goes out whenever it there's a bad storm. After several more minutes of fruitless convo while I try to explain satellite interference to her she asks: "well, where does my satellite signal come from?"

*headdesk*
        Actually, miss, it's between your ears.

Comment

lol. next time try 'outer space'

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
            lol. next time try 'outer space'
            So aliens are beaming programs into my head?

I mean BBC & CBC & ...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

An fussy elderly woman calls up yesterday..."my local channels aren't working and there's a message on my screen that says no need to call!"
              That's right. It says no need to call. And we don't want you to call, either, as all that will do is waste everybody's time since we know the channels aren't working and you telling us the channels aren't working serves no useful purpose other than to kill a few more minutes of what, to you, must be a stunningly exciting day.

"well, where does my satellite signal come from?"
              From a satellite, obviously.

Oh, you want to know where the satellite is, do you?

If space were in your county, you wouldn't need a satellite to beam the signal to you and it would be called cable.

There is about a 50/50 chance I could have handled this call with aplomb versus completely snarking out at the woman and getting myself a complaint. >_>

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                So aliens are beaming programs into my head?

I mean BBC & CBC & ...
                Star trek is being beamed to us by Vulcans I'm sure of it.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                  Ok I wouldn't have been able to stop myself from saying seriously???? did you hear what you just said about space? The stuff that's around our planet and beyond?
                  Space. The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the U.S.S. Cerebellum. Our continuing mission, to boldly go where no SC has gone before...

...Hers had a crash on her lifelong mission, however. Or stolen by an Eymorg. Your choice.
                  Last edited by Krysalis; 09-20-2012, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Star Trek IXCILMX: The Undiscovered County
                    Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Space is not in your county. It's actually just past the Jersey State line in little Vulcan. If you start seeing Romulans, you've gone too far.

Comment

Quoth Zapper View Post
                        Space is not in your county. It's actually just past the Jersey State line in little Vulcan. If you start seeing Romulans, you've gone too far.
                        Or as my late stepdad would have put it: it's on the other side of Durham - going thataway.

But then with him, everything was on the other side of Durham for some reason . . .
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          But then with him, everything was on the other side of Durham for some reason . . .
                          No bull?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                          X