This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have an account and I hate your company

I was hoping to ruin her Christmas, but oh well...

The usual suspects
    Me: Your ever lovin cable sellin Redbeard
    SC: Sucky Caller
    SCH: Sucky Callers husband

Through the entire call, the SC had the "phone therapips" tone of voice. Gentle, firm, and directing. Kind of creepy, actually.

Me: Thank you for calling, this is Redbeard, how may I help you?
    SC: Yes. Let me start out by telling you that I do not have your service, and I have no interest in your service. In fact, I hate your company.
    Me: Okay, how can I help you then?
    SC: Yes. I got an email today that was supposed to go to *someone else at your company's .net service*. This is unacceptable. I did eveything I could to get away from your company and I don't like this.
    Me: Sorry to hear that, sounds like a glitch in the system, you shouldn't have to worry about it happening again.
    SC: BUT! Yesterday I also recieved an email syaing that my husband tried to reset the password on my account and to click a link to verify this. sounds like a spoof. Especially since I never used your damn email service even when I HAD your internet. So obviously something is VERY wrong here.
    Me: No ma'am, nothing wrong, from your description of the mail it was a scam, just go ahead and delete it...
    SC: (interrupting me) I already did that. And I told the person that sent the ther mail that they need to resend it. Now put me to your technical department so that they can fix this.
    Me: I'm sorry, but there's nothing that my tech department can do, they are here for current customers with service issues, but I can fill out a form and send it higher up.
    SC: Good, then you will send me an email to my address.
    Me: No ma'am, I'm sorry I can't do that. Our email addresses are personal and for internal use only (which is ture, as the addys have our first and last names). I will send up the form and that will be it for the issue. I honestly don't believe that there is an issue at all.
    SC: Then send it to me snail mail.
    Me: Sorry ma'am, there won't be anything like that sent to you.
    SC: You are VERY unhelpful, I will talk toy our supervisor now.
    Me: No ma'am, you won't. My supervisor will not take this call
    rinse and repeat for a few minutes with me interjecting "A non customer with a non issue that I have already told you I will take care of is not something I can send you to a supervisor for. You seem obsessed with this and I don't know why, but it's not going to happen"
    SCH: Well how about I just talk to the senior VP of Customer Service for your company?
    Me (ignoring him, there is no such a person) Now this is the sales department, I can set up services
    SC: You are rude, argumentative and VERY unhelpful. You had better HOPE that this gets solved or I will talk to someone else. About YOU.
    *click*

Oh noes. You're going to talk to a person that doesn't exsist about someone who wouldn't let you bully them. Whatever will I do?

He told me "No" therefore he is rude, argumentative, and VERY unhelpful. BY DEFAULT.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Id be shaking....not from fear....but from laughing

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
        He told me "No" therefore he is rude, argumentative, and VERY unhelpful. BY DEFAULT.
        And I deserve compensation!!!! ("Of what sort" is a good question, since she's not even a customer, but logic doesn't usually get a walk-on in these situations ...)

Comment

Wait, I'm confused. They were upset to be contacted by your company, and admitted they realized it was from a scammer and not your company, yet they were upset when you wouldn't send proof your company wouldn't contact them again, even though they knew your company never contacted them to begin with?

My head hurts.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Oh no, even better. She also wanted proof that the glitch that sent her the second email is fixed and she is guaranteed not to get any more emails accidentally forwarded to her in the future from any of my companies internet customers..

And people wonder why I drink.
            Yarr....
            Last edited by Redbeard; 09-26-2012, 05:37 PM. Reason: typo gremlins

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
              Oh no, even better. She also wanted proof that the glitch that sent her the second email i fixed and she is guarenteed not to get any more emails accidentally forwarded to her in the future from any of my companies internet customers..

And people wonder why I drink.
              Yarr....
              I got good Cruzan rum in my kitchen. My family stocked up the last time we went to St. Croix, so it's RUM FEAST!
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Occasionally when I get a spoof e-mail, I will contact the company to let them know a new one's out there. I don't get all snooty about it though.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
                  And I deserve compensation!!!! ("Of what sort" is a good question, since she's not even a customer, but logic doesn't usually get a walk-on in these situations ...)
                  All right, just this once, you won't have to pay your <cable company> bill this month.

SC
                  "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Rude = "no"

Unhelpful = no freebies
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

i wonder what her brain would do if you had asked her...

"This spam didn't come from us, and you don't want us to email you either... and you want us to email you to tell you that we're not going to be emailing you?"

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        i wonder what her brain would do if you had asked her...

"This spam didn't come from us, and you don't want us to email you either... and you want us to email you to tell you that we're not going to be emailing you?"
                        /scanners headasplode.gif

(I'd post the image but I'm at work )

I'm sad this lady doesn't have much else going on in her life that causes her to get worked up about an errant email. And to not take the 2 seconds it would take to label any future stuff as junk or tap the delete button.

Comment

I just love it when people come in with cellphones from our RIVAL company, then complain and get rude when I am unable to fix their problems.
                          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

And this SC wanted you to do what else that was completely beyond your control?
                            That hurt my brain!!
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                            X