Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your support. This isn't the first time she has kept news of this sort from me, the last time I blew up about it as well, I had a nice quiet few months after that when she wouldn't talk to me. I love her but man can she be work sometimes. I talked with her and dad about the withholding of information again, I think dad is going to try better to stay in the loop to keep me in the loop. He usually leaves that sort of thing up to mom, but I think he now realizes mom censors what she tells me.

Mom is still feeling that grief is why my cousin subjected me to that and doesn't want to hear from dad or me that it's not, that's the way her family has always treated me. So as it stands now, I won't talk to them, I don't want to hear from them, I want nothing to do with them and Dad fully supports me. Mom is pouting but not much she can do about that.

I sent a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society in Aunt D.'s name, as well as to Diabetes research. Cancer is what her sisters died off and was part of what she died of as well. She had cancer but then her sugars from her diabetes went out of control and as the doctors put it at 90, we can make you comfortable or we can try to correct them, it's either/or. She chose comfort. I'll miss her but she had a great life and was a wonderful, old dame, full of life and in full control of her facilities to the end. She lived in her own home until the week before she died, when she went into the hospital and I like to think she went out on her own terms and is with her husband now.

Comment

Quoth TawnyMyst View Post
      I sent a donation to the Canadian Cancer Society in Aunt D.'s name, as well as to Diabetes research....I'll miss her but she had a great life and was a wonderful, old dame, full of life and in full control of her facilities to the end. She lived in her own home until the week before she died, when she went into the hospital and I like to think she went out on her own terms and is with her husband now.
      Those donations are an excellent memorial right there.

She loved and appreciated you and knew you loved and appreciated her. Everyone needs someone who is in their corner, and she sounds like a wonderful person.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

*hugs* You did well to donate, and I think you did well to cut that part of your family off, too.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Im also sorry for your loss. Its hard to learn, even after the fact that someone is gone.

I have to echo in quadruplicate (<< that a word? lol), what everyone else has basically said....Fuck em.

Youre not their nanny, babysitter whatever. Live your life the way you want. And have fun doing it.

Comment

Working...
          X