X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointment

Well, today's been a bit of a bummer.

The biggest incident was opening up a box containing 36 blank supposedly-white paper fans to get some out for a custom order I recently got, only to discover that not only has the company started stamping their logo on the reverse side (fairly unobtrusive, and not in itself a deal-breaker), but the quality of their materials has taken a nosedive with this order. The fans are supposed to be white paper. What I got is lavender-tinted paper that looks dirty grey when held next to anything actually white, and is also covered with brown spots. It's almost like they cheaped out and used newsprint this time around (except that the weight of the paper is wrong for newsprint), and were hoping no one would notice.

I just sent of an e-mail to the company expressing my disappointment in my latest purchase, since previous purchases of this same product have been of good quality. I also asked if it was a fluke and anything could be done, or if this was going to be the norm with the product. We'll see what (if anything) they say in return. :sigh:

And on top of other minor frustrations today, I managed to break one of the seals on our set of Tupperware ice pop molds. I hate being a klutz.

It's not all a downer, though, I guess. I've got two custom orders in my queue right now, meaning that if things continue like this, I may be able to afford a few fun perks by the end of summer that I can't justify spending joint account money on.
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

I've run into that too! Thought maybe I was imagining things, but now I think lots of companies are going cheap. Case in point: my favorite body butter. I still love their products, haven't had a bad experience except for one: thought I'd save money by buying a tub with "40% more, free." Yeah, more water. It was noticeably thinner in consistency. Then they discontinued another "flavor" of their body butters, so the half-tub of that I have left is like gold to me. *sigh*
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I know, frustrating.

Got a response back from the company already. They said I'm not the only one with complaints like that, but they can't guarantee the next batch will be better, so I suspect they get their paper fans from a third party that likes to periodically switch materials or something. I've noticed different batches have been different sizes before, so this looks like just another element of that. Luckily, they're willing to send me a second batch at no cost to see if it's any better. Here's hoping. ::crosses fingers::
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
      X