Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

in which a simple statement made me feel OLD!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Who is Garth Brooks?"

"WHOA, dude, Tim Allen is still alive? (WTF?!)

Also, Johnny Depp turned 48 this week.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

this one made me feel old for the first time ever:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/movie_ages.png

Comment

My cousin's girlfriend ( 17) while discussing music, asked me what a cassette tape was....

Also, Ferris Beuler's Day Off was released 25 years ago last week

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
          My cousin's girlfriend ( 17) while discussing music, asked me what a cassette tape was....
          Simple: it's a compact magnetic medium that combines the best features of reel-to-reel (can rewind instead of having to run it through the full loop) and 8-track (single-unit that you just stick into the player). Because of this, it remained in regular use long after the other 2 fell out of popularity.

Try telling her about 8-track and reel-to-reel - it should blow her mind.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
            and told me about bringing stacks of punchcards down to the basement to do... stuff. He didn't even remember what the programs were! I'll have to bug him about it again... :3
            I think I might even have an IBM 370 Job Card or two still tucked away somewhere in my junk boxes. poked and threathened enough I might still be able to debug a JCL job
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post

Also, Ferris Beuler's Day Off was released 25 years ago last week

I have a ton of cassette tapes...lol.

Comment

Quoth Pony_Boy View Post
                (
                oh lord.....that amazes me.
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
                  dear ancients...*I* remember dos....and 5 inch floppies...and when a 25 mb hard drive was HUGE!

I'm old....
                  Hell, I remember when a disk drive was a big thing. I had a Commodore 64 and for the first year or so, I used the cassete deck. Happy day when we finally got the disk drive.

Comment

I remember going to see "Star Wars" when it came out originally. IN 1977.

Brother & I were in a thrift store a few years ago, looking at a piece of furniture I wanted; this kid (maybe 18?) nearby looks at us and says, "excuse me, how does this thing work?"

He was looking at a RECORD PLAYER. And of course he looked at us and thought 'They must know'

Damn kids.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I know how a record player works, and I was born after 1984. :3 And I'm not an audiophile or sound engineer!
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I know how you feel. I'm 35. Its the same way I felt when I found out Bon Jovi and Pearl Jam are now considered Classic Rock.

Uggg.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                          Don't you mean 5.25" floppies?
                          How about 8" floppies? I have one stashed somewhere...
                          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

If you were born in 1990, you can legally drink.

Meaning all those ten year old children that saw their parents drink after 9/11 can copy their parents.

If I knew how to do flash programming, I wanted to do a project on Lightbulb memory, and have a list of events like movie releases and other smaller news, and there only be two answers. Before 9/11 or After 9/11. (My aim was to have all the events be after 9/11, but see how many think it was before due to it being a memory so engrained, that you don't even realize how long it's really been).
                            Military Spouse Support.
                            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

I remember back in elementary school, we didn't have computers yet in our classes or libraries, it was on a BUS that stopped by once a week so we could play Oregon Trail.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                I remember going to see "Star Wars" when it came out originally. IN 1977.
                                I was one of those people that grumbled "A parsec is a measure of distance,not time!!!" (I was 21)
                                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X