This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gravekeeper

Can any one get a hold of GK to see how he faired with last night?
    EDIT: Sorry Last night the Cunucks lost to Boston and riot exploded.
    Last edited by pitmonkey; 06-16-2011, 05:56 PM. Reason: info
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

What was last night? I think I missed the start of this.

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps, Canadians take their hockey very seriously.

Crazy things seem to be attracted near him.

Here's to hoping this is him: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_878128.html
      Last edited by Raveni; 06-16-2011, 05:38 PM. Reason: Hockey happened

Comment

I was thinking the same thing when i saw the news about the riots
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Oh shit. RIGHT. .________.
          Gravekeeper, phone home!
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I'm fine. I wasn't even able to get to work last night as there was no way left into the city. Plus my office was right in the thick of it and I wasn't wading through a war zone and tear gas just to get to work.

I can't really articitulate how I feel about this particular incident without being moderated, however. It was just one core group of fucktards ( those assfucks that show up with masks already on to start shit, not exactly "hockey fans" ) + left over drunken morons and a ton of gawkers that had to stick around just to post pics to their Twitter feed. The only upside of which being that practically every asshole and looter is on tape now.

Police ended up reading the Riot Act. Which I should point out is a life sentence in Canada if you do not comply within 30 minutes. As it is a direct order on behalf of the Queen. We don't fark around when it comes to proper manners.

The only upside to it was a lot of people were trying to stop the looting and many people headed out voluntarily this morning just to help clean up the streets. Its just such a piss off that a thousand morons have permanently stained the reputation of the entire city. When many of those morons probably aren't even from Vancouver itself.

Still, I've lived here long enough to almost start calling myself a Vancouverite, but now I'm not so sure I want to anymore.

Comment

Well, glad that you are safe. Sucks that you missed work, but hopefully there was no major damage to your office.

Comment

Oh wow. Im glad youre safe. Thats insane!

Comment

Blimey - I had no idea about all that. Good job you were able to call off work for the riots.

Rapscallion

Comment

Glad you're safe. Definitely thought about you last night while I was at work. I'm afraid of this happening in Buffalo. Not because we lose, since that happens all the time, but when we finally win the Stanley Cup

Comment

Good to hear from you. I thought where you work (from your descriptions ) was in the middle of the mess.
                      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Here it is 7pm, and I'm just getting today's news (bad day at work). Saw the news about Vancouver and headed straight here to see if GK and the other Vancouver folks were OK.

Glad to hear GK is all right. Hope our other members who live there are as well.
                        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Dasota View Post
                          Glad you're safe. Definitely thought about you last night while I was at work. I'm afraid of this happening in Buffalo. Not because we lose, since that happens all the time, but when we finally win the Stanley Cup
                          Optimistic much?

When/if that happens, drinks are on me at Pearl Street Grill.

ETA:
                          many people headed out voluntarily this morning just to help clean up the streets
                          See, now, that could only happen in Canada!
                          Last edited by MoonCat; 06-16-2011, 11:33 PM.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It's incredibly frustrating seeing as it was all blatantly planned before hand, and had nothing to do with the actual hockey game aside from pulling in some drunken yahoos from it. People showed up with masks and gasoline for fark sakes.

The first car they set on fire was intentionally brought down town to be set on fire per the witness reports. So even that wasn't spontaneous stupidity. Same anarchist fuckers we had during the Olympics. So it has nothing to do with hockey, these guys would have tried to start shit up win or lose.

But thanks to them we all get smeared with the same brush. You know the media isn't going to run happy pictures of Vancouverites dutifully cleaning up the mess. They'll just keep running the "omfg Vancouver is nothing but hooligans" bullshit based on the actions of 1/500th of the city's population. Out of which I'm willing to bet many don't actually live here to begin with and are from out of town. The vast majority of us are smart enough to not shit where we sleep.

Comment

Holy crap! Glad you're okay!
                              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                              X