This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible hopeful good news..

Got some possible hopeful news today. While the tests show I do have neuropathy, it MIGHT not be diabetic in nature (since it affects between the knee and ankle and normally diabetic would be worse in the foot and better as it traveled up). If so there is a good chance that in 30-45 months (best case scenario) that it would be cured..if it is just a very weird diabetic type...then no cure and will only get worse..so fingers are crossed.

Also, at least now it is on record that SOMETHING is actually wrong with my legs and it is not all in my head.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Good to hear. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Definitely call for cautious optimism.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

YAY!

I like that it's on record that you DO have something wrong. And I like that it's probably not diabetic.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Yay! Officialness is a good thing, and I'm glad that it might not be diabetic.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

The tests for neuropathy is a lot scarier sounding then it is. Got shocked (A lot), and some needles poked in me (and then shocked..again)..but not really as painful as it sounds.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I had those tests. Both of them. Not fun. Cost a lot. I'm hoping it gets cured. Hoping for all kinds of miracles for you.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Keeping you in my prayers. You deserve some good or at least better news for a change.
                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Working...
                X