Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change, not always bad, not always good, but, always different.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change, not always bad, not always good, but, always different.

So.

Yeah.

There’s this thing I’ve noticed.

Whenever I finally complain about something, it get’s fixed immediately.

Usually unrelated to my actual complaining.

This happens VERY often. And really isn’t a joke, it actually happens.

I’ve even abused it several times by calling a friend when the bus was late, complained, then for good measure started up an important conversation.

Instant bus.

I’m not saying that it’s magic, the universe hates me, god hates me, or anything else.

Most likely my patience expires just as the event is about to finally occur, and it’s all coincidence.

Though coincidence almost seems like it’s going out of its way...

Helpful when I need to find something though.

So, I posted a thing about Counseling, and it’s lack of doing it’s job in the "Cursing out Coworkers" section. I also mentioned that Financial Aid does (Specifically, lack OF doing) the same. Additionally, I mentioned that I actually do very little of my actual job, and mostly stuff that’s not my job. All with 5 dinky, crappy, and crippled computers.

Well, since I complained, of course it had to get fixed, even though no one cared for the rest of the year I've been here. XD

They’re opening up a new “Center” on campus, as I type this, they just came into the Lobby and took a quick poll on what to name it.

This center isn’t actually finished being built, and they’re going to open on Monday. They’ve moved so fast on this that the other department that temporarily turns their computer Lab into a Student Service center (While my info desk is shut down, since the lobby will be packed for A+R and Business Services) hasn’t had time to correct their hours, or let any students know.

Additionally, they’ve poached two of the most experienced A+R workers for this new center (Kinda surprised they didn’t grab, you know, Me or my coworkers, the ones that are actually MORE experienced than A+R’s most experienced, at least on the things they’ll be doing).

Unrelated, hours have been changed, we now open at 8, instead of 10. Apparently the change to a 10am opening was due to a staff shortage several years ago, and supposed to be temporary. While the “Staff” part of the shortage has changed, due to a shortage of workers overall, that extra two hours has been used for processing paperwork that they had no time for while open. Staff is unsure how they’ll keep up, but are “Confident they’ll figure it out”, translation: We have no choice, we better figure it out.

Also unrelated, my Boss is being moved Off campus for this Semester. This is also temporary, but as you saw above, and know personally, temporary can (Read: Frequently) take on a life of it’s own.

Oh, by the way, did I mention that we have a new College President?

Most likely also unrelated.

Well.

Doing my job will be interesting, I don’t even know exactly what I’m supposed to do, going to get a job duty list in a few weeks, after the first two weeks of insanity when I’m mostly on line duty.

Though there is one thing.

That little voice of doubt, you know the one.

Quietly whispering.

If they have an entire computer lab devoted to taking care of all this. With between 8-12 people assigned to it overall, brand new computers, tons of em, people who are staff grade occupying the entry level position.

What’s the future of MY position?

It's like if you were hired for helpdesk, and ended up doing programming all the time instead (And almost never helpdesk), when they hire a bunch of fancy programmers, where do YOU end up?

All this, coupled with losing 1 of my 3 days of work to another employee (Yay, budget problems), kinda has me worried. Not really about losing my job, but instead about my hours, and my positions value.

Likely stressed about nothing, and I'll likely pick up another few hours from the increase in opening time, but... eh.

Guess we'll find out. :/
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.
Working...
X