X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adorable but...

Things that make you go hmmm....

We are hosting a wedding this weekend. The bride and MoH took a break to clear out the prep room and had me load the items on a luggage cart to deliver to various bridesmaids' rooms and the bridal suite so they could get back to the party. One of the "items" was a mini Pomeranian who was the most adowable wittle bawl of fluff you ever saw, yes he is, yes he is!

I stopped to deliver some bags to a bridesmaid's room and she was in the room.

Me: "I'm just here to deliver this!"
    BM: "Thanks. And all this stuff?"
    Me: "The rest of this is going to [Bridal Suite]."
    BM: "Is that the dog in there?"
    Me: "Yes, he's going to [Bridal Suite], too."
    BM: *mouthing "Thank F**king God!"*

Something tells me the Bride's precious fluffball didn't charm everyone at the reception...

(As a dog owner, I'm always all, "Let's go hiking with the pooch!" And so many of my friends are all, "Um....you sure he can't stay at home?" So I sort of get it...)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Just because a dog looks adorable does not mean he acts adorably. I can picture it now. Bridezilla and dogzilla.

Comment

As much as I love people's pets more than them most of the time there are dogs that behave badly for the same reasons children sometimes do. Their parents/humans/can openers don't instil basic discipline and manners in them and make sure they behave themselves.

It's why I usually prefer large dogs to small ones because they're way more likely to go to obedience school or any sort of basic training. Way too many people think small dogs don't need it.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Poor pooch was probably a nervous wreck. Strange place, high stress, lots of people coming and going, his hoomin preoccupied and wearing strange clothes.....yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if the dog acted out. Of course, the dog could be annoying and ill behaved already since a lot of people don't bother to train small dogs.

I really wish people would think more about their dogs' feelings before they bring them to large functions. If your dog is cool and chill with large crowds and lots of hustle and bustle, then by all means, bring 'em. If they're not, leave them at home.
        I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

I have a small dog and we're still trying to train him (he knows a few commands already but dachshunds are STUBBORN). ANY dog needs training. The tiniest dog on the planet can do damage if he or she decides to bite. Not everyone trains big dogs either, sadly. A former friend (former for lots of reasons, not just this one) had a large mutt (we're talking 70+ pounds). She wanted to put away his toy, and spent 30 minutes wrestling with the dog to get it back. She hadn't taught him "drop it." What if that toy had been a child's arm? He doesn't know the difference between a game of Tug and "that's enough play time", and it isn't his fault, but he's the one who will end up on the wrong end of a needle if he hurts someone.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Like I tell the UPS and Fedex guys.. Ignore the big dogs. They're trained and once they sniff you, they'll leave you alone. (If one of their humans are with them that is...) But do not let that tiny ass black and white brat near you until the big girls clear you. The tiny one is an idiot, and while she hasn't bitten anyone not related to us, we don't trust her.

She's had training and training and training.. but we don't trust her. She's a high strung little thing and honestly, I think she could do with some anxiety meds.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
            X