Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I have to explain it, you shouldn't be out on your own.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I have to explain it, you shouldn't be out on your own.

The price of diesel dropped a little last week. We were first to lower our price (having already sold all the stuff we bought at the higher price, thanks to the trucking companies that have accounts with us).

So we were really busy on the weekend. So busy that we ran out of diesel, despite having an extra high-prority order on the way.

I thought taking the price off the board was the universal sign that there's none of that product left. I was wrong - some truckies still tried to fill up and then complained when they couldn't.

So we did the only other thing we could do - put up "OUT OF DIESEL" signs on the diesel pumps. Right on the handles so they'd have to look at them.

Even then, about 5% of truckers would see the sign, come into the shop, and ask what it means.

I had to tell one guy that no, we don't have any "in the back".

Oh I weep for the future of humanity...

Here's your sign...

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      I don't even see how a gas station could have a "back", unless the store abuts an oil field...?
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Maybe people are dumb enough to think that the gas station employees are hording it for themselves. One nut at the gas station swore up and down we always got ours for free...ha ha...right..
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
          One nut at the gas station swore up and down we always got ours for free...ha ha...right..
          Quite honestly, I would quit my day job for a job at a gas station if that were the case...maybe - I would seriously consider it.
          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Maybe people are dumb enough to think that the gas station employees are hording it for themselves. ..
            That day's coming. At this rate, The Road Warrior is edging toward reality.
            I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              One nut at the gas station swore up and down we always got ours for free
              If only that were true. :dreamy sigh:
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

"Sure we do!" *Goes to back room, comes out with an oil drum or something.* "Here you go. It might be kinda hard to lift it up to pour... Do you need a funnel?"
                Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Ah yes, "the back". That magical place that exists in every store with unlimited stock of every conceivable product........
                  I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                    Nah. We won't be using gas for that much longer.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                      Geez, I hope so! I've been waiting for years to mount spikes and vulcan MGs (1d6+2 dmg!) on the truck. Now where's my Lord Humungous helmet...
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I am very surprised gas prices are down wherever you are... over here, they have raised nearly a dollar in about a month (78 cents in 44 days to be more exact. Yes, I counted.)
                        ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

We run out of gas now and then. Say if a few of the trucks break down or drivers call off.

You wouldnt believe the peopel that dont believe a gas station can run out of gas. LOL

Customer: "What you mean you are out of gas?!"
                          Customer: "This is a f*cking GAS STATION!"

Me: "Yep, it is. But just like every other thing you buy it gets sent to us by a TRUCK, which has NOT gotten here when it should have."

Comment

Quoth Meadhands View Post
                            I am very surprised gas prices are down wherever you are... over here, they have raised nearly a dollar in about a month (78 cents in 44 days to be more exact. Yes, I counted.)
                            It was diesel, and it only dropped about 3 cents per liter (but times by 200-300 liters and it's well worth truck drivers going out of their way to come to us). Diesel always goes up in the southern hemisphere summer and down in winter (apparently because of people using it to run furnaces in the nothern hemisphere winter).

Comment

I can't wait for Mad Max to come true. I've always wanted to grow a 2 foot tall mowhock and drive around in a dune buggy screaming "give us the juuuuuuiceee!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X