Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear motel and just think of Supernatural.

Comment

I always figured that motels are where you just stay the night while en-route to your destination, while a hotel is where you stay when you are AT your destination. Which is why motels have less amenities ( you really only need somewhere to sleep) while hotels have all sorts of attractions.

Comment

My understanding is that the biggest difference is in terms of payment. At a motel, you pay at check-in, and drop off your key when you leave. At a hotel, you pay at check-out.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I personally don't give a damn if it's a motel or hotel or whatever.

If it means getting my own room with some time to relax, I'm game! But I like how motels are cheaper. Why would you want to pay $200 to stay in some room that's not that much bigger than one you could get for $60? Either way, you end up having to sleep there, and it's not like $200 is going to make you more well-rested.

A fool and his/her money are soon parted.

Comment

The interior/exterior hallways isn't the deciding factor though. I have seen motels with both, though hotels I've experienced have always had interior hallways

Pricing: This too isn't a deciding factor... hotels can be priced less than motels depending on the location and amenities involved.

Amenities: (aka luxury of accomodations) I've stayed in really nice motels, and less than stellar hotels. My hotel is 2 stars, and there is a 3 star motel a few miles away, their rooms are nicer than ours (hence the extra star)

Length of stay: In the official definition I found hotels only offer short stays while motels offer extended accomodations... of course, if you're willing to pay for a room, I can't fathom why any property would turn you away, long term or short. The real blocker to this one though is the residency laws.

At the end of the day though, and returning to the initial story... why in the world would it matter, if you'd already seen the property, liked the price, decided on a type of room, and were all but ready to hand over the old credit card? LOL

And UGH I wish I was back at the beach. I came in tonight and spent the first 2 hours cleaning up other people's messes... :-/

Comment

Working...
            X