X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seraph View Post
    House Gothic
    House Gothic? Isn't that where the Addams Family lives?
    ...Contrary to my name, I prefer sans-seraphserif fonts.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
      ...Contrary to my name, I prefer sans-seraphserif fonts.
      I am reminded of Sand Saref.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
        House Gothic is amazing, and none of you appreciate how flexible that font is.
        lol. And worse than that underappreciation is that I strongly suspect much of my preference for Ariel is its proximity to the top of the drop-down list.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
          Confession time: I have used Papyrus.
          Don't kill me! It was for an Egyptian-themed thing, and I had no idea at the time that people had been overusing it. I'd never seen it in use before!
          I love Papyrus. It's been my font on IM for years. That being said, that's all I really use it for. For just about everything else, I stick with Times New Roman. If I need to take up space, then I use Ariel.
          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Papyrus is a pretty font. Much like comic sans, it gets over used and used for things that it was never intended to be used for. It's nice when used properly though.

I'll just leave this here.

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
              Papyrus is a pretty font. Much like comic sans, it gets over used and used for things that it was never intended to be used for. It's nice when used properly though.

I'll just leave this here.
              Ah, yes. The xkcd keming comic. A classic.
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                keming
                AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                  AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
                  Figured I'd get someone with that.
                  "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                    Ah, yes. The xkcd keming comic. A classic.
                    Imma smack you mahself.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth SmivMoc View Post
                      Comic Sans is the computer equivalent of writing in crayon. That being said, at my old job, I often used it for signage, but that's because it was a comic book store.
                      I've used Comic Sans before on some of my fanfiction online (and yes, I did have my site on GeoCities years ago - don't shoot me.)

Normally I like the Verdana or Georgia scrips. Easier to read IMHO as well as look nice.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                        As somebody who learned how to handpaint .... It's an art to get your letters spaced absolutely perfectly
                        The father of a young lady I went out with way back when did it for grocery stores. I had no idea that was even a thing, but he made quite a good living at it. All those signs that are printouts now, Mr. G. used to do by hand, one at a time, for the high end stores in St. Louis.

Comment

Quoth SmivMoc View Post
                          Comic Sans is the computer equivalent of writing in crayon. That being said, at my old job, I often used it for signage, but that's because it was a comic book store.
                          Slightly off topic, and you said old job...but still. For a comic book store, check out the BadaBoom font.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Got an email today from a title company. They used Comic Sans in the body of the email. If the title work comes back in Comic Sans, I might have to switch to a different title company!
                            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                            -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                              Got an email today from a title company. They used Comic Sans in the body of the email. If the title work comes back in Comic Sans, I might have to switch to a different title company!
                              In a few years, if I pursue a Masters degree and have to do a thesis, maybe I'll do it in Comic Sans.

Just kidding.
                              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                                I had a biology professor that did her Powerpoints in Comic Sans. Magenta Comic Sans.

Comment

Working...
                                X