X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for that thrilling update

A quick one for you starring the usual suspects

Me: Thank you for calling Aperture Labs and multia media giant, how can I help you today?
    CnC (Confused non-Customer): Yeah....I don't want your service.
    Me: Sorry to hear that sir, so you want to cancel your account?
    CnC: No.
    Me: I see. So you have an order set up and want to cancel that, sir?
    CnC: No.
    Me: Did you set something up on line?
    CnC: No. I wanted to tell you that I don't want your service.
    Me: Ooooookay....you do know that if you don't have our service, and don't have an order for our service, you don't have to call us to tell us that you don't want it.
    CnC: I can't have it so I don't want it.
    Me: Sir, no one is going to make you take our service.
    CnC: Okay then. Good. *click*

And I'm spent....
    Last edited by Redbeard; 07-31-2012, 05:31 PM.

Wow. What gets me is that they were probably chafing about that for a good while before they decided to dial your number.

That, and that would be like if I were to call McDonald's headquarters and tell them "No, I do not want a cheeseburger, or any of your food. If you have plans in the future to dispatch squads of force-feeders who will stuff me like a goose for foie gras, I would like to decline that service. Thank you."

Comment

Wow, I'm going to follow this gentleman's example and march straight into my doctor's office and loudly inform them that they may NOT take off any of my limbs!
      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Lunar moon dust is bad, mmkay?

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
          Wow, I'm going to follow this gentleman's example and march straight into my doctor's office and loudly inform them that they may NOT take off any of my limbs!
          Also, I really don't need a prostate exam today. Just letting you know.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            Lunar moon dust is bad, mmkay?
            Apparently lunar dust is pure poison!
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Apparently lunar dust is pure poison!
              Sure, sure... Grind the rocks up into gel and see what happens. Crazy customers and kindey failure, I tell you!

Comment

Why are so many of our customers crazy? Why not?! Why not go MARRY some non-crazy customer if it means so much to you! In fact, why don't you invent a special non-crazy door that wont' drive you insane on your way out because YOU ARE FIRED!!!

(Not you Redbeard, you're doing fine)

Yes! YOU! BOX YOUR STUFF!!!!
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

The only thing I can think of without suffering a BSOD is that this guy really sucks at fishing for freebies or discounts. The only clue you get that this might be what he's doing (besides a heavy amount of drugs) is this, " I can't have it so I don't want it."

Though at the moment, I'm actually leaning towards the "doing heavy amount of drugs."
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
                    Though at the moment, I'm actually leaning towards the "doing heavy amount of drugs."
                    ... as in "snorting large amounts of powdered wallboard that he paid $100 an ounce for" heavy, maan...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      ... as in "snorting large amounts of powdered wallboard that he paid $100 an ounce for" heavy, maan...
                      Mister Tulip, is that you? #PratchettReference
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                        Also, I really don't need a prostate exam today. Just letting you know.
                        Doctors gunna be all "aww man."

Comment

Calls like that are not unusual at my job.

SC: I'm calling to say I don't want your service.

Me: OK, we gave you a quote, just simple information, no order has been placed.

SC: But I don't want it. Delete the quote!!!!

Me: A quote is just basic info, sir. No order has been placed.

SC: Delete the quote, and I want email confirmation that I have no quote!!!!

Oy. People.
                          "Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke

Comment

Keeping in mind that I have not damaged my mind with the serious drugs that the sc in the OP has, but here is what I think happened...

SC calls up, inquiring about said service, learns they can not get it for whatever reason.

Sc sits and stews about that fact for awhile, and after hitting himself in the head with a bat a couple of times..decides to call up and tell them he doesn't want the service..I mean..that will show them .. right?
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                              and after hitting himself in the head with a bat a couple of times..
                              buahwhaha *snort*
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X