This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which I get a little revenge!

(quick note, there is no physical violence or such in this thread, just a little pwnage).

I work as an extra on movie sets every few months and was on a set for a TV show about a 90's hair metal band. I am dressed in black leather and kinda looking grungy. I also own a small social media company in which I take lots of photos and have photographers working for me. This is in addition to my job at the game store (yes, I work lots, must be a workaholic).

Some of the extras on the set are snooty girls (I am sure we have all seen them), looking like Paris Hilton and probably drive a Mercedes given to them by their rich father. They have been sneering at me and treating me like dirt all day because they assume that I am lower class.

In between shoots, I am hanging out in the Extras casting and one of my photographers comes up to me and takes a few shots of me in leather, looks good for my website and it isnt interfering with the movie set at all.

Me: yes, its me again, crazy game store manager and part time extra.
    PHT: Paris Hilton Type

PHT: Who was that guy taking photographs?
    Me: Oh, that was just my photographer, I own a social media company and he was taking some shots. Dont worry, none of you were in them.
    PHT: Oh... *they wander off and ignore me for the rest of the night*

Twas a good feeling taking them down a notch or 2 (or 10).
    "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Yup. Karma is important. This years studio page can be a producer in a few short years.

Comment

There's an old saying in the movie industry that goes something like, "be nice to those you meet on the way up, for you will meet them again on the way down." Fame isn't forever, and starting out as a prima donna is a very good way to kill your career PDQ.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        There's an old saying in the movie industry that goes something like, "be nice to those you meet on the way up, for you will meet them again on the way down." Fame isn't forever, and starting out as a prima donna is a very good way to kill your career PDQ.
        That's a great quote, but I think that should be applied to almost anything. While I was trying out for a temp job the manager of an agency told me that some people won't even call when they leave a temp job. I said, "why would anyone not call? That's just common courtesy...". but she said that she agrees and some people just don't think like that.

Comment

Sadly, common courtesy isn't so common anymore

Comment

Quoth Pizzacommando View Post
            Sadly, common courtesy isn't so common anymore
            common coutesy is near extinction

Comment

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
              Some of the extras on the set are snooty girls (I am sure we have all seen them), looking like Paris Hilton and probably drive a Mercedes given to them by their rich father. They have been sneering at me and treating me like dirt all day because they assume that I am lower class.
              I've seen that 'holier-than-thou' attitude in more than a few extras and it always put a smile on the faces of my regulars (ones that I'd had on a number of shows) when I had to tell them exactly where they were on the ladder - the very bottom. The lowest peon in the crew (an office PA) ranks higher than you. "I could send you home and any one of these other people could replace you and no-one would ever notice." And I did it on a couple of occasions.

Comment

This just reminds me of a play I was in a while ago. This girl had gotten what added up to a decent sized part, and was giving me a lot of attitude because I was just chorus member. So the director needed one of the extras to take on a few lines in one scene, I said I'd take it. A few days later, he needed someone to take a line in another scene. I took it. This continued through rehearsals, until they needed someone to take on an additional scene with the main character. Again, I asked for it.

By opening night I had a full scene of dialogue with the lead, a speaking role in eight scenes, and was background in every other scene but one. The girl who had a "Real Part", was only in two scenes and only had like 3 lines. I don't even audition for that troupe anymore, they just give me parts because they know I'll work for it.

It also reminds me of when I was hanging out at my friend's restaurant and someone was giving him attitude. It was a few years ago so I forget the exacty details, but basically this girl got really irate with him when he was working bar. So she demanded to see his manager. He kept trying to explain who he was, but she kept tearing into him. Finally, he just stops trying to talk and just points at a picture behind the bar.
                SC= *stops rant* what are you pointing at? Oh, is that you? What are you employee of the month?
                Friend= No, I'm the owner. Now please vacate my property before I am forced to call the cops. Don't worry, your meal will be comped. Just please get out.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Haha that's pretty crackup. I had a minor one the other day; was walking on the main floor & saw a couple of my mates, a lesbian couple that are just awesome but not the greatest lookers (I personally think they're gorgeous )
                  So I called out "Hey gorgeoussss!" loudly and a sales guy near them sortof looked oddly at me & said "Do I know you?"
                  Me "Err, no, I was talking to them" *points* cue him turning then CBF at me. Me The girls
                  Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                  What's the difference?
                  We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I've heard a cruder version of that used in an office environment - "The toes you step on on your way up are connected to the ass you'll need to kiss on your way down".
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X