Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five Days Of Suck Part 2: Pounds Of Pennies, Gallons Of Mouthwash (long, language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Where were the others? New release DVDs don't come one in a box.

My guess would be somebody took the DVDs out of the box so they could reuse the box, and then didn't put up a note saying not to sell those DVDs until the release date. In which case you certainly can't be held responsible for not knowing the release date. Perhaps if you worked in an electronics store or the electronics section of a department store, but not when you're a cashier at a drugstore. And customers do ask for movies before the release date, because they don't keep up with the release dates themselves.

And any store that wants to safeguard its ability to sell new releases ought to program the registers to block sales before the release date. My company does not do this, and thus we've been popped a couple times for selling things before release date.

TL;DR--somebody else screwed up and the buck is being passed to you.
    There were 2 in a box. S3 got away with one and got screamed at, apparently. I agree, there should be a system in place to prevent it; but if it makes sense, corporate won't do it. If it DOESN'T make sense corporate is all over it.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
    X