This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird-Ass Dream

I had this dream the other night, and I still don't really know what prompted it.

It was like something out of some movie, and the best I can describe it is as some strange crossover mish-mash, Harold & Kumar meet The Terminator. And there were aliens in it as well, and...

Hell, I dunno, it was plain damn weird.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Has my wife taken over your account and taken to posting here?

That is how she describes every dream to me. Well, minus the Harold & Kumar and Terminator bits.

"It was really weird, it was like a movie."
    "So what happened?"
    "It... was really weird."

Comment

I once had a dream about Frieza from Dragon Ball Z eating my grandmother in her apartment in NY, while having a love affair with Goku .

Yeah. My mind as a 10 year old kid.

Comment

I've had weird real life/book/movie crossover dreams too - even if I haven't seen or read the books in a while. Don't know what prompts it. They're so...vivid too. In my dreams I feel and taste and smell. It drives me nuts when I wake-up as I was eating something and am hungry and have drooled all over my pillow. It also sucks when I 'die' in my dream by being shot or stabbed, and wake-up feeling it. I have NO CLUE how my brain decided what those injuries would feel like. Damn brain has too much time on its hands!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I will sometimes have very mundane dreams, especially during the week when I have to get up early.

On the weekends when I can sleep in is when I'll have long epic dreams that I can't always remember clearly when I wake up.

My favorite dream that made some sort of sense was when I was in grad school. I dreamed that our department head could shrink himself down and then return to normal size. This was part of being a costume designer and we would learn this in our third year.

It seemed to explain how he could suddenly appear in the shop right when it was most inconvenient

Another fantastic dream wasn't mine but a friend of mine. I worked at another theater back in 2008, and my friend had this long involved dream about how there had been some sort of coup and the arts were no longer allowed. All of us came in one day and had to check our Facebook pages to find out how we were being reassigned. Some of us had to sew jumpsuits, because that's what everyone had to wear now. But the best one was our poor intern, who had to report to dental school and become a dentist!
          "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Lilly, great minds think alike; mine has too much time, too!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

My ex BF is the king of weird dreams. This is his latest one.

Crazy dream: I'm in an asylum being analyzed by Summer Glau as Harley Quinn (Yeah, it was as awesome as it sounds) and she's asking me stupid questions about which is my favorite animal, and she keeps telling me I'm wrong, and trying to convince me that I like scorpions. When I finally give up and say that, okay, scorpions are pretty neat, she has me handcuffed and carted away by two burly orderlies. As I'm being dragged down the hall, I see someone who looks familiar walk by, by I don't see their face. As I look back, he points down. I look down, and someone has written in white chalk on the white floor "Stop here" So, you know, I stop. And then the hallway in front of me explodes. I see the burly orderlies get turned into chili con carne right in front of me, and I get knocked down. Everything is spinning. Next thing I know, Anxiety Attack Dr. Barney is under my arm, helping me limp out through the hole in the wall towards some kind of Michelangelo-steampunk flying machine, while Pilot Episode Hardass Mal is standing up in the cockpit firing wildly with two laser pistols at anything that moves other than us.
              I had a really vivid, crazy dream recently, and I know I told Hubs all about it, but now I forgot. Which sucks, because I know it was awesome. I'll have to see if Hubs can remember it.

Ever seen "Waking Life?" I sort of had that happen to me. I was seeing primary colors in odd combinations. Once, all the doors on houses were primary colors; another time, I looked up and saw a bunch of kites in the sky that were primary colors. For some reason, these odd combos would trigger me into becoming lucid. And I would be like "cool, lucid dream!" But as soon as that happened, the dream would begin to collapse, and I'd wake up.

Except...I wasn't waking up, and eventually, I'd see another weird combo of primary colors, and realize I was still dreaming. I had about six "false starts", and towards the end, it was starting to freak me out a bit. When I woke up for real, I got up, took a shower, and stayed up for a bit, because I was afraid if I fell asleep I'd get stuck in another false-start loop!
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My dreams are generally so wierd that if I have a semi normal one I think I'm awake!

So, boy was I pissed this morning to wake up & realise I hadn't won £11.88 million on the lotto
                Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  They're so...vivid too. In my dreams I feel and taste and smell.
                  Same here. Full blown Technicolor, TMX Dolby Stereo sound, all senses completely engaged. I've even dreamed in animation! Yes, a dream cartoon, animated more smoothly than even Disney can hope for.

I'm not complaining. It's like enjoying art house movies for free!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                    My dreams are generally so wierd that if I have a semi normal one I think I'm awake!
                    Oh, god, I hate those kinds of dreams. Where you're going about a perfectly ordinary day-- or at least it doesn't appear any stranger than a normal day-- and then you wake up.

Leaves me disoriented for half the day.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

I have bizarre dreams all the time, myself, so those 'normal' dreams are really frustrating.

I'm not sure if the ones that are awesome so you wake up disappointed or the ones that are awful so you wake up discombobulated are worse, though I lean a little towards the latter.

I have the ability to fly in a large percentage of my dreams, but tall trees and an overabundance of power lines also in my dreams make it a somewhat dangerous situation. It ends up being like a video game, which actually leaves me feeling a bit victorious on waking, like I'd just gotten past a difficult stage.

I can't die in my dreams. I tend to have some small amount of lucidity, to the point where I almost always know it's a dream, even in the middle of it, and if the person I am in the dream dies, I just become someone else in the dream, and I really was all along, I was just watching the person who just got killed and wasn't really the person at all even though it felt like I really was that person. I've also tweaked dreams that weren't 'exciting' enough to be more so. Dreams that have this are always these big epics, condensed into a single dream sequence, where the character I am isn't really the me that I am when I'm awake. They're usually in black and white, too, which my other dreams aren't.

Most of the dreams I remember, however, involve me being chased. When I was young, it was either being chased, flying, or being chased while flying. As with dying, I couldn't be caught; although instead of becoming someone else in the dream (I was always very much myself when being chased or flying) I'd just keep 'rewinding' and running through the scene over and over looking for a way to not get caught, and if I couldn't fix it, then I'd just sort of 'skip' that part as if I'd found some way to escape. So I'd wake up and be irritated that I 'cheated.'

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        I have the ability to fly in a large percentage of my dreams, but tall trees and an overabundance of power lines also in my dreams make it a somewhat dangerous situation. It ends up being like a video game, which actually leaves me feeling a bit victorious on waking, like I'd just gotten past a difficult stage.
                        I have the same issue in my dreams. Damn power lines.
                        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My brain is messing with me, I swear.

So this morning, my alarm starts going off, and-- like usual-- I hit snooze a few times.

Then, suddenly, it's going off, and it's not stopping. I'm hitting my phone, which shows that it's back in snooze, but the alarm is still going off. Only, it sounds like it's going off somewhere else in my room.

So I get up, and start pawing through my bookshelf (where I have another clock), but the alarm is still going off, and why can't I make it stop--

--then I wake up, staring at my phone, on which my alarm is blaring.

I shut it off, swear a few times, and get up for real.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                            I have the same issue in my dreams. Damn power lines.
                            Me too! Or tree limbs, or hills looming out of nowhere; it's like you can never fly high enough!
                            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I've had flying dreams, too, but they all tended to have the same "rules."

Namely, I could only "fly" a short distance above the ground, and it was more like I was swimming/pushing my way through the air.

Comment

Working...
                              X