Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you not have a 'fire hose' on a swivel stand - for safety reasons, of course! - and if you see any 'mystery substances' around the pumps, clean them up with a high-pressure blast. Of course, it would be a terrible shame if there was someone in the way...
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I admit, There have been times where I needed to get "creative" on going to the bathroom.

A dirt road I might travel 1/2 mile down to pee on a fence post.
      In the Army, I was handed a shovel and a roll of toilet paper and told to go into the bushes to poo (thick bushes mind you, so more privacy).
      And a dozen other similar stories.

But I would never go someplace quite that public.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        Didn't the Mythbusters cover that, and find that they couldn't get electricity to travel up the stream? >.>
        I don't know . . . but my ex swears he got shocked doing that once
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          Didn't the Mythbusters cover that, and find that they couldn't get electricity to travel up the stream? >.>
          Yes, but in the revisit they realised that there was no force behind the dummy's stream so it was a series of droplets rather than a continuous stream.

Adam took one for the team & went against a fence. He got shocked. Myth confirmed for fences, not so sure about live rails unless you're kneeling.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
            Could you not have a 'fire hose' on a swivel stand - for safety reasons, of course! - and if you see any 'mystery substances' around the pumps, clean them up with a high-pressure blast. Of course, it would be a terrible shame if there was someone in the way...
            Let me stroll back in time to my days as CS in a waste management company ... see, the day manager for an Unfriendlies Ice Creamery came in to work at 7 am, and noticed a grease spill in the parking lot. So, he called me and bitched about the hauling company spilling their grease can all over the parking lot. So as soon as the hauler opened at 8 am, I called down to discover that they had not made a call at said store for several weeks, so they couldn't have spilled the grease but they would send a guy down to do a clean up and empty the can as it was almost time for the pickup anyway. Call the manager back to let him know that they would have a truck out in a few hours to do a clean up and we suggest that he go to the Home Despot next door and get some absorbant and spread it on the spill so nobody slips on it.

Said manager says not to bother, he rented a pressure washer and hosed the mess into the storm drains.

Cue call from their local fire department to me as it tripped the surge alarm in the drain, which rolled trucks to the store where they found said manager with a pressure washer had caused said surge hosing a hazardous material into said storm drain, and we needed to arrange a hazmat cleanup. So I called my boss, got the OK to contact the DOE and a hazmat cleanup company to deal with the mess. Several whopping fines, and a cleanup bill, and a fired store manager later we determined what happened is a couple of the kitchen monkeys had cleaned out the grease traps and one frywell and were hauling it out to the grease pit, and dropped the bucket.

If the idiot had followed our instructions, the mess would have been cleaned up, he wouldn't have had to find a new job and lots of money would not have been spent.

Don't pressure wash anything into storm drains. It is better that way.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

If the idiot had followed our instructions, the mess would have been cleaned up, he wouldn't have had to find a new job and lots of money would not have been spent.
              It was just his way of stimulating the economy.
              Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Back in my nursing day we had a kid in with serious burns and multiple fractures.

He was very, very pissed and walking over a rail overpass and took a wiz over the side and hit the overhead electric line. The shock knocked him off his feet and over the railing onto the railway track.

The nature of electrical burns, and the path the current took, meant he lost both legs and his ummm... wizzer. Nasty.

So I have no doubt about the legitimacy of claims of shocks from weeing on electric sources.

Comment

Here's a story about a very naughty cat, yes it involves pee and electricity
                  Reader’s cat pees in electrical socket
                  No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Working...
                  X