This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware Store Woes

Because of the spring weather, we've gotten more traffic at our outdoor garden where we sell mulch, flowers, shrubs, etc. This morning really did it in for me already.

The first one that ticked me off was this older couple asking if we had anything on clearance. We just started stocking flowers outside, and the place isn't even complete, and you're asking about F'in clearance?? Wait a few months, bitches.

Second customer that ticked me off was this guy asking if we took Scotts Cash. I just assumed it was a coupon or something so I said, "hmm, well.. maybe". So he buys this Scotts item, (grass seed or something), and it rings up $23 and change. He takes out multiple slips of paper that say $10.00 off with each one having a barcode. I scan one and tell him that his balance owed is $13 and change, but he says, "Wait I have more of these.."

Scotts Guy: "But these are like cash"
    Me: (thinking WTH?) "uh, actually this is probably more like a coupon. (inspecting it further) Okay, yes.. only one coupon per purchase per item, right here.."
    Scotts Guy: "But this is Scotts Cash"
    Me: "Uh, we only take American money sir. How do you wanna pay for the rest of it?"
    Scotts Guy: "Meh, nevermind.."
    Me:L "You don't want it?"
    Scotts Guy: "No. I'm going home and calling them about this..."
    Me: (laughing) "Heh, good luck sir..."

The last one was really irritating. This lady asked for brown mulch. Nowe we have mainly three brands we've always sold: Preen, Scotts, and our brand, which is "premium". She wanted the one that was $3.33. Not knowing which was which, I requested that she provide me with a brand name, bar code, or item number so that I could look it up and check. Now there is a caveat, and that is that I cannot leave the area of the register. Management is somewhat lenient about this as long as I am assisting a customer but not for a very long time.

So the lady hesitates at first but says, "okay", then goes over, reads something, then comes back and tells me "2CF".
    Me: "um, that's not a brand name. I need an item number, bar code, or brand name.."
    Her: "You know what? Nevermind. I'll just go to Home Depot instead. And.. what's your name? (comes closer and looks at my badge).
    Me: "Emax4"
    Her: (Walking away) "I'll be reporting you.."
    Me: "oh, management says I can't leave the register. Good luck over there!" While I should have also said to her, "Oh, and make the effort to get a brand name or item number, cause they're not mind readers either..."

In hindsight I realized I could have still walked over to see the different brands that were on display and had her point to the one she wanted, but hell, if she's in a do-it-yourself store and can't even do it herself, she doesn't deserve service after all. What yutzes...

Quoth emax4 View Post
    if she's in a do-it-yourself store and can't even do it herself, she doesn't deserve service after all. What yutzes...
    This. So much this.

I work in a DIY store myself, and the amount of people who can't even grasp the idea that they might have to have a basic idea of what they're actually planning on doing blows my mind.

Our staff actually gets asked if they can go home with the customer and put things together/do the work for them.
    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

I think the problems from the fact that they
      Don't understand that "yourself" translates to "myself"
      In the first person.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Can't believe she's reporting you! Some people are awful

Comment

Before the end of the day I did talk to the head cashier, and told her that someone may put in a complaint about me. I explained the situation and she just slightly grinned, rolled her eyes, and said that some ppl are impatient like that. :-)

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            Can't believe she's reporting you! Some people are awful
            If she can't remember the name of the mulch, I doubt she will remember an employee's name.

"I want to complain about your employee!"

"OK what was their name?"

"I don't remember, but she was wearing blue!"

"This is Wal Mart, all the employee's wear blue."

"She was also wearing shoes, I do remember that!"

"That doesn't help much, also I just checked the schedule and there were no women working there at this time."

"Well she was a little harry but I didn't want to say anything about that."
            "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
              If she can't remember the name of the mulch, I doubt she will remember an employee's name.

"I want to complain about your employee!"

"OK what was their name?"

"I don't remember, but she was wearing blue!"
              Yeah and then she'd probably go off on the manager for not being very helpful or taking her complaint seriously (or both.)

People like that just look for something to whine about IMO. I suspect it's how they get an orgasm . . .
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I want to go to walmart but I want a personal shopper....

I want the most basic/ cheapest computer you have and I want you to spend an hour of your time explaining windows 8

I want you to alter this dress/paint something/ use a skillset I don't have and then I want to pay as LITTLE as possible for it
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Apparently DIY means "Delegate it yourself" to some customers...
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

$10 off of $23 is damn near half off. Greedy bastard.
                    If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
                    --Woodrow Willson

Comment

Working...
                    X