Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a minor escalation in the Cubicle Decoration Wars this year. One desk has a USB Tree and I think 2 Assassin Creed figures with Santa hats.

I don't have a tree, but I do have Skywarp on my desk; maybe I should transform him and put a hat on him too.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      Not that I've watched the Peanuts Christmas special in a few years, but what's with scenes being cut? Just to cram in more commercials?
      THIS ^^^^^^

you also have to remember that when this program first aired in 1965 there were only 3 networks, NO cable or satellite, maybe PBS and maybe if your town/city was big enough a couple of indie stations. Program advertising was a LOT less intrusive and programs were cut a little longer to reflect this fact.

Heck look IF you watched Star Trek: TOS during is original run in (1966- 69) then watched it in syndication in the 1970's they started to cut out a LOT of stuff for

MORE commercials. Like A Charlie Brown Christmas ST:TOS got cut to shreds for about 20 years.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

The office supply store we use brought us a live poinsettia. One of my coworkers put it in my office for an extra Christmas decoration, since I haven't been keeping up with the escalating decorations. It's pretty. We'll see if it lasts until Christmas.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
        X