Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

But closing time doesn't mean you're closed does it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post

Would've served Grandma right if Eddie had raised the price several hundred dollars. "That's to cover my therapy, Ma'am."
    Quoth Jester View Post
    To be fair, we really do see lots of boobs....including old lady boobs. This is nothing new, novel, or unusual to us. So...no.
    Yeah, but they don't know that.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If you spend more than an hour or two at Fantasy Fest, such things become fairly obvious. And most of these people, I believe, are habitual offenders; this ain't their first time in Key West or at Fantasy Fest.

On the subject of closing time: I am on staff for the new place my bar's owner is opening. We did our first orientation today, and one thing I noticed is their gates. They have power gates for the windows. See, this is going to be kind of open air, but they have power gates that come down over the open (no glass) windows, for weather and what not. Which isn't a problem, as this is going to be open air BUT air-conditioned at the same time. (Please don't ask me to explain how; I am mechanically disinclined, and have no idea how they are doing this, but it seems to work just great.) And the part I noticed that pertains to this thread is that there is one of those large metal gates that comes down over the entrance to the bar as well. And by "large metal gate" I don't mean the kind you see in front of most businesses, that you can see through...this is far more solid, and there is just no way through it. (There is a normal door to enter and exit at the dining room, which is actually next door to the bar, if that makes sense.) I can't wait to see the first yahoo drunken tourist idiot that tries to get in before open or after close through THOSE gates.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        I can't wait to see the first yahoo drunken tourist idiot that tries to get in before open or after close through THOSE gates.
        Photos please! *waits expectantly*
        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
          Although in the spirit of enquiry, why don't you go ahead and we'll see if it makes a difference to the shutdown registers...
          1. Because it doesn't sit well with me, in an ethical sense. I don't like feeling that I'm taking advantage of someone who's drunk and stupid, even if they brought it on themselves.

2. Because making false insinuations is not good for repeat business.

3. Because I'm a committed "leg" man, and those I get to see for free.
          The customer is always right, but this is a public house, and you are a guest.

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
            Quoth Jester View Post
            I can't wait to see the first yahoo drunken tourist idiot that tries to get in before open or after close through THOSE gates.
            Photos please! *waits expectantly*
            Ask and ye shall receive! Here is a picture from the front of the bar (scheduled to open tomorrow, so I'm guessing that is what the yellow tape is for). The center gate is the main entrance. All the other gates are windows. Now, picture if you will some idiot yahoo trying to get through THAT when it's closed!

I actually took two pictures, but no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the picture of the main gate closed with the window gates open to upload. Not sure why. Cool note: this picture is the very first one I've ever posted on here that I got directly from my phone to my computer, rather than emailing myself a picture from my phone, than downloading the attachment, then uploading that. I actually just plugged my new phone directly into the computer, which is probably old hat to many of you, but to me this is dam exciting! Far easier to get pictures from A to B now!
            Attached Files

Still A Customer."

Comment

Grr I hate those. We once had these two bimbettes pound and beg at our door ten minutes straight after being told we were closed. Seriously they would not let up. At one point one of them tried to slip a dollar between the gap in the door.

They finally left when I threatened to call the police. And what important thing did they need so desperately they couldn't walk the two blocks to the still open gas station? A bottle of Dr Pepper.
              My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

At the old fabric shop I used to work at, there was a narrow strip of path in front of us straight off the main highway, that led to our lil carpark. Occasionally cars would pull in there that were broken down or the drivers were taking a phonecall.

So one day I was on close. All finished, I walked out, locked the front door, headed to my car. A lady got out of a parked car and walked up to me smiling.

Her- "Are you closing?
                Me-"Um, sorry, we closed 20 minutes ago."
                Her- "Oh, can you let me in? I just need one thing."
                Me- "Um, no, as I said, we closed 20 minutes ago. We open at 9am tomorrow tho."
                Then I walked off to my car, leaving her with a puzzled half smile still on her face. She was really surprised that I just up and left!
                Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
                It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                  Grr I hate those. We once had these two bimbettes pound and beg at our door ten minutes straight after being told we were closed. Seriously they would not let up. At one point one of them tried to slip a dollar between the gap in the door.
                  "Ooh, a tip, thanks!"

And walk down to the back of the store out of sight and earshot.
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I actually just plugged my new phone directly into the computer, which is probably old hat to many of you, but to me this is dam exciting! Far easier to get pictures from A to B now!
                    Isn't technology awesome?

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                    And what important thing did they need so desperately they couldn't walk the two blocks to the still open gas station? A bottle of Dr Pepper.
                    Well, it is Dr Pepper, after all... There's just no substitute. >_>

Of course, that makes it all the more stupid that they were wasting time trying to get it from a place that was closed rather than going to the place that was still open.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

404: Doormat Not Found
                      Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                        Isn't technology awesome?
                        Yes. Yes it is. But the question is (and here I am showing my ignorance), is it possible to load files from my computer to my phone?

And for those of you that say yes, be advised that when I first plugged my phone into my computer, it searched for drivers, and found 2 out of 4, but for 2 of the ones it looked for, including the one that was listed as (or for?) my phone, it found nothing.

Quoth Zoom View Post
                        404: Doormat Not Found
                        Yes, the street address of the new place IS 404. This is bound to cause some amusement with some of the weirder staff, like myself.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Since most smartphones are recognized by computers as removable drives (you don't need drivers for that operation), you can transfer data to and from as easily as moving it from your C to D drive.

However, to be able to make use of that data, you need to know which folder to move it into, and that can be more problematic.

I actually looked that info up online when I wanted to move stuff onto my phone. Although the folder named Ringtones is pretty obvious. As is the one named Download (as far as I can tell, pretty much everything can go in that one).

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            I actually looked that info up online when I wanted to move stuff onto my phone. Although the folder named Ringtones is pretty obvious. As is the one named Download (as far as I can tell, pretty much everything can go in that one).
                            Right, that makes sense....but I am wondering if I could do something like taking a recipe from my computer and transferring it into my Notebook app on my phone, rather than being forced to type the entire thing in. Even if I had to type an entire recipe into my computer and transfer it to my phone, that would be less painful than actually typing it all into my phone, as a lot of typing with my thumbs can be very painful, as I found out today when I tried to type a long post on this site on my phone. I gave up after about two paragraphs and two very sore thumbs.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Couldn't you simply email the recipe from your computer to your phone?
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

How would I do that, Mike? I know how to send picture mails and the like from my phone to my email, sure....all I do is enter my email address in the "to" field. But how exactly does one email stuff TO a phone?

And don't take the above as snarkiness. Because I am not saying it can't be done. I am saying that I have no idea how it can be done, and would love to be told HOW it can be done. Because, as may be obvious by now, I am kind of clueless about such things.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X