This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Day from Hell

I really don't know how this day could have been any worse, I really don't.

First of all, I was working doing visits today, instead of working the phones as triage, due to the asshattedness of my CW Butz (See my thread in Cursing Coworkers).

Then I get hurt on the job. Strained my back doing a very complicated dressing change on a patient seated in a chair (horrible body mechanics; I had to lean over the patient for an extended time, and it started to spasm).

I went to the ER because the pain just wasn't getting any better. It was pretty busy when I got there, but not too crazy. But it was crowded enough that the staff couldn't keep the patients moving to where they were supposed to; a tech directed me to the triage nurse because he thought I was someone else.

I waited an hour in the waiting room. Not too bad for an ER on a Sunday afternoon. I waited two hours in the room waiting for the PA to see me. I could see the guy in the hall, chit chatting with staff. I don't know what he was doing, but it didn't seem to be seeing many patients. He finally comes in, does a brief physical exam. Of course, I already knew the diagnosis, but I was actually glad he didn't want an Xray. he gave me scripts for a muscle relaxer and pain pills, and I went on my way.

So I head over to the Green Wall to fill the scripts. Place was busy . . . saw several other former ER patients there. I wandered about a bit, then sat down in the waiting area for my Rx to be filled. This guy sits down next to me and out of the blue starts telling me all this stuff I don't want to hear about his mother's cancer, and his mother's kidney stones. I kept it to one word answers, and he finally shut up.

The pharm tech calls me up cuz my scripts are ready. I go up to the counter, and while she's running the workman's comp info into the system, this chick gets in line behind me so close I can feel her breath in my hair!

Me: Excuse me, you're too close. Please back up.
    Crazy Chick: *silence, does not move*
    Me: *glaring* Excuse me! You are in my space. Back up two steps.
    Crazy Chick gives *me* the evil eye but complies.

Finally, on the way out, I dodge a bullet in the parking lot. These girls in this blue car are backing out of their space while I'm crossing the lot to my car. I hear the girl go, "Oh my god!", and then she backs out so fast, I had to jump out of the way of her car. Another car was pulling out of the lot ahead of her, and the driver of the blue car whipped behind the other car so fast I thought she was going to hit him: I heard the squeal of tires and then blue car lays a long honk on the horn.

I am so glad to be home.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

glad you're okay *offers snacks and tea*

Comment

Quoth Caffienated_Caramel View Post
      glad you're okay *offers snacks and tea*
      Many thanks
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

*offers booze and chocolate*

I hope this doesn't affect your teaching job too. I hope you get, at the very least, a bunch of time off from hospice.

Comment

That's just terrible.
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
            *offers booze and chocolate*

I hope this doesn't affect your teaching job too. I hope you get, at the very least, a bunch of time off from hospice.
            I took a sick day yesterday. I feel much better today. Talked to my boss as hospice, who was very nice about the whole thing; I think she feels bad about the whole situation. I'm off the next two weekends in a row, so I finally get a few days off.

Weather here's been really nice the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping it sticks around so I can spend some time outdoors.

Comment

I hate Green Wall parking lots... They're damn near impossible for two cars to be moving around in at once You can't back up without risking hitting somebody, you can't even seem to PARK... And this is me just observing from the passenger seat

I hope your back feels better I'd suggest getting some epsom salt and having a good soak in a hot bath to help your back a bit. And then later a bubble bath, because everybody needs one now and then.
              Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Working...
              X