Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never told you something was wrong, but it's still your fault it wasn't fixed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cell phone is currently a second line on my dad's account. So I pay him $45 a month which I just lump in with my rent. When the contract is up in November, and since I'm moving (hopefully by then), I'll probably get my own account (hopefully I'll be able to keep my number).
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth WHShit View Post
      Of course it is the customers responsibility to check their bill. God! ASSMAN's dad yells at me every month because I never check my bank account record. I know I should, but I am lazy and forget. If I was charged for something that I didn't want and it had been on my account record for 5 months and I had not bothered to look, I think I would be too embarassed to call the bank and tell them that I had not noticed it!
      Yes that is the sensible person method.

The SC method would be: call the bank and chew THEM out for NOT noticing the error (ignoring of course that it is NOT their job to look) , then call them incompetent and DEMAND repayment/credits/whatever for EVERY SINGLE month that charge had been there.

I like using my store analogy with callers, it seems to be something they can grasp. You can't buy something in a store and return it months later for anything, unless you have some sort of extended warranty and even then it will only get you a replacement. NEVER a refund.

Comment

My parents got me my cellphone a few years ago, while I was moving, so that they'd have a way to keep in touch with me. The bill goes to their place. My mom pays it mostly on time each month. There was an item on there which was originally free, and then (I guess the trial period ended or something like that) it went up to $5.00 a month. My bill would change amounts based on how much talking to them I did (long distance) so it took her a while to notice the change and when she did, she called in and ripped them a new one trying to get it reversed. I felt bad just listening to it, I can't imagine having been the subject of the rant. They ended up going back six months, just because she would not let it go.

When my contract comes up for renewal next, I'm really going to try to get the bill sent to me, so that if anything comes up, I'll be the one to handle it. Just have to convince her it is a good idea...
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
          Ignorance is not an excuse!
          ... "Silence will be interpreted as acceptance."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth ColonelInTheKitchen View Post
            Ignorance is not an excuse... see, that's why I paid over 500 dollars of fines on my vehicle because I was a day late in changing my address (due to work, which is how I pay the address change at the DMV).
            My husband forgot to pay a ticket, which increased it by 20 times the original amount, but he made a court appearance, told the judge the circumstances and got it knocked down by 60%, which he immediately paid.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
            X