X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 year old Georgian woman takes out 90% of Armenia's internett

This just made my day
    Almost an entire country loses internett for 5 hours because of an old lady.

Article here
    “I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic hatreds.” -George Carlin

She's lucky. It's not uncommon for copper scavengers to get greedy and try cutting a live power line with an uninsulated cutter.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I was sitting here, trying to figure out how someone in the Southern United States could have cut one wire and taken out an entire nation's internet in an entirely different hemisphere...
      Then I remembered, Georgia's a country, too...
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        I was sitting here, trying to figure out how someone in the Southern United States could have cut one wire and taken out an entire nation's internet in an entirely different hemisphere...
        Then I remembered, Georgia's a country, too...
        Heehee . . and here I thought at first it had something to do with a computer geek who got fed up with her much older hubby hanging out on FB and decided to cut the line and ended up breaking the Internet for the entire country.

Or maybe I should get my ass off my laptop and go vacuum and then get started on that story.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          She's lucky. It's not uncommon for copper scavengers to get greedy and try cutting a live power line with an uninsulated cutter.
          Shocking!
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            Shocking!
            It's actually gotten to the point where basic incidents of it have been removed from Darwin Awards running because it's too common. Some other factor incident has to be a factor, such as using a metal hacksaw attached to a metal pole and using only gardening gloves. (yes, true story)
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
            X