Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 06:04 AM
I need a life

Nope, no add-ons.

Old 03-26-2016, 06:52 AM
Administrator

Either javascript is turned off, or it just doesn't support/recognize it all, then? ..... that browser might predate a lot of the current functionality in js, which might explain slowness; the browser may be trying to parse javascript newer than whatever version it was built to recognize.

That's crazy.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:00 AM
Administrator

From wikipedia's Firefox 2 article:

Quote:
Firefox 2.x was end-of-lifed in December, 2008.[14] With roughly 26 months of support, only Firefox 3.6 was supported longer. The Gecko 1.8.1 browser core continued to receive patches for projects such as Camino, K-Meleon, and SeaMonkey, even after official Firefox releases had ceased.

By 2011, the 1.8.1 core had become obsolete, as major websites dropped support for it[15] by employing newer technologies for presentation and complex scripting.[16][17] The latter can be resource-intensive with the older core, and users stuck with it should use NoScript[18] to avoid issues with scripts that take too long to process (at the cost of losing some or all site features beyond basic functionality).
It sounds like this could very well explain the slowness you've mentioned. Either try NoScript, or can you perhaps grab Chrome and give it a go to see how it behaves?

Old 03-26-2016, 04:29 PM
Store Manager

Yesterday, I had ads. Today I don't. Go figure.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Old 03-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Area Manager

I just turned off Add Block Plus. I now have adds. If they are this discreet, I will leave it off, just for the sake of the site .

Old 03-27-2016, 02:00 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

Yup. I do believe that "discreet/non-intrusive ads" is definitely the intention.
"I donít know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged

Old 03-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Quoth EricKei View Post
Yup. I do believe that "discreet/non-intrusive ads" is definitely the intention.
oh, very, VERY much so. Definitely, 100%.
Discreet, non-intrusive, and site-appropriate (no adult ads, no gross "shock" ads, etc...).

They are a necessary evil, but they will not take over the pages.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:20 PM
Den Mother

Quote:
Quoth Mikkel View Post
I just turned off Add Block Plus. I now have adds. If they are this discreet, I will leave it off, just for the sake of the site .
There is a newer version of AdBlock Plus: AdBlock Ultimate for Firefox. I've been testing it out over the last few days or so . . . works pretty decent. And very easy to toggle between enabling and disabling on individual sites.

Old 03-28-2016, 08:10 PM
Bagger

Is there any update on the Forum Runner issue? I would like to be able to use the app again if possible.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Et tu, Pixie?

Not yet, and PPE is on vacation for the next week or two -- He will be checking in as often as possible, though, so please bear with us
"I donít know what English did to you or your family, but I cannot in good conscience sit here and watch you do this to it. You sir, are a monster." ~ Gravekeeper

"Don't weep for the stupid; you'll be crying all day!" - Fr. Anderson, Hellsing Ultimate: Abridged
Closed Thread